• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The game has some genuine criticisms, but I swear like 90% of the videos out there on the game are unsurprisingly hating on the twins.

Dave999

Validated User
The game has some genuine criticisms, but I swear like 90% of the videos out there on the game are unsurprisingly hating on the twins.
I don't even want to know but I'm assuming it's female protagonists in general?

Or worse, that they're killing Nazis?

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't even want to know but I'm assuming it's female protagonists in general?

Or worse, that they're killing Nazis?
Search your feelings. Although on a serious note, yeah, it seems mostly to boil down to being upset they're going from a big burly dude killing Nazis to two teenage girls killing Nazis. Some people also decry their dialogue, which is hilarious given that's never been exactly a Wolfenstein strong suit.

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welcome to the 15th century, Nazis. We have guns now. Women can kill a crapton of Nazis, and do!

See: Lyudmila Pavlichenko. Well, don't see her; you're already dead.

Donald K.

Eat a bee today!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On the dialogue front, having watched some on YouTube, I really wish writers would realize that siblings don't constantly refer to each other as 'bro' or 'sis.' Maybe somebody does, but my siblings and I literally never did that, nor has anybody I've mentioned it to. It does feel weird.

That's all I've got, though.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Their dialogue hasn't really struck me as odd or out of place so far. What kind of stood out to me with the writing, is how the entire rest of the world has apparently coordinated a decision to refer to Jess and Soph as "the girls" in every language. That could maybe be a bit more varied.

"Oh hello girls" comes off (to me) as super condescending. Especially when you have like 800 nazi soldier kills to your name. Especially the 200th time you hear it. From someone you've never met before.

Kathara_Khan

One Grumpy Cat
Validated User
How IS the Nazi killing, really? The game footage I've seen... Didn't look terribly encouraging.
The enemies seemed stupidly, tediously bullet-spongy, unless, if I understood right, you constantly
juggle weapons to match each enemy type's resistance?

the final fight which is really dumb
And could you elaborate on this, please?

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How IS the Nazi killing, really? The game footage I've seen... Didn't look terribly encouraging.
The enemies seemed stupidly, tediously bullet-spongy, unless, if I understood right, you constantly
juggle weapons to match each enemy type's resistance?
I generally found the gun play excellent. There are some bullet sponge enemies but they tend to be, like, giant robots or super heavy infantry and not, you know, a guy in a t-shirt (looking at you, The Division.) There are two types of armour and some enemies have one or the other and in those cases, you probably want to match your gun to that armour type, but once you figure out the system (and how to easily switch weapons) almost everything just melts away. (Though I think ultimately this comes down to finding a combination of weapon mods that works for you, it can be pretty misserable if your guns aren't up to par.)

I had all my guns set up for as much ammo and as much damage per bullet as possible, and it worked pretty well throughout. (I also enjoy stealth play and used melee a lot.)

And could you elaborate on this, please?
Without spoiling anything, suffice to say that the final fight expects you to use tactics that are literally the exact opposite of what the rest of the game has taught you about teamwork. Also, we didn't have a lot of bugs throughout the game, but for the final fight my teammate crashed out of the game every few minutes. And while the game usually just puts the AI control on your sister when a player drops, it felt like a 50-50 chance that the game interpreted this as "oh well I guess your sister died, game over" during this fight.

Kathara_Khan

One Grumpy Cat
Validated User
I generally found the gun play excellent. There are some bullet sponge enemies but they tend to be, like, giant robots or super heavy infantry and not, you know, a guy in a t-shirt (looking at you, The Division.) There are two types of armour and some enemies have one or the other and in those cases, you probably want to match your gun to that armour type, but once you figure out the system (and how to easily switch weapons) almost everything just melts away. (Though I think ultimately this comes down to finding a combination of weapon mods that works for you, it can be pretty miserable if your guns aren't up to par.)

I had all my guns set up for as much ammo and as much damage per bullet as possible, and it worked pretty well throughout. (I also enjoy stealth play and used melee a lot.)
That does sound better than what it seemed like in the snippets I originally saw. Thanks!

Without spoiling anything, suffice to say that the final fight expects you to use tactics that are literally the exact opposite of what the rest of the game has taught you about teamwork. Also, we didn't have a lot of bugs throughout the game, but for the final fight my teammate crashed out of the game every few minutes. And while the game usually just puts the AI control on your sister when a player drops, it felt like a 50-50 chance that the game interpreted this as "oh well I guess your sister died, game over" during this fight.
Ah, okay, thank you. Probably won't be picking it up anytime soon anyway (just recently got through New Order, don't know when I'll get to New Colossus), so hopefully some of the bugs will be worked out by then...

Top Bottom