• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Worldsaving Club (OOC)

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Rook S. Rook S.
The Tim The Tim
Meliai Meliai
Unka Josh Unka Josh
TSSL TSSL
And maybe TSSL's boyfriend, I guess, we'll see how it shakes out.

This is going to be a game set in Halcyon City, specifically using the Phoenix Academy playset introduced in Unbound. You do not need Unbound to play this game. I will be allowing any playbook yet released in an official book. I'd like folks to start talking about the characters they'd like to play and the connections thereof. In the meantime I'll be procrastinating building the perfect opening and introduction.

A note on Beacons
Spoiler: Show
It's often considered that Beacons are "the people without superpowers." All the students at Phoenix Academy have superpowers. That does not preclude Beacons. Beacons can be people whose superpowers have no direct combat application, like being able to move tattoos around their body or having a pocket dimension the size of a wallet. Moreover I am of the opinion that the Beacon's defining characteristic is that they want to be a superhero. Almost all the other Playbooks are working through some issues by being superheroes; the Beacon is just happy to be here and in a perfect world would still choose to be a superhero.

A note on Januses
Spoiler: Show
At least a few people on the school faculty knows your superheroic identity. We'll work out the details

Any questions, just let me know.

TSSL

Validated User
Yay!

Okay, well, I did have a character idea for the Delinquent (basically, got in trouble, kicked out of home, got superpowers, hates oppression/injustice, and then the Academy), but I'm also pretty interested in Nova, or Beacon, or Janus, and I'm not even that wedded to any of those. So it shouldn't be too hard to keep me happy 😜

And maybe TSSL's boyfriend, I guess, we'll see how it shakes out.
Right. Different timezone, so it'll be several hours before we can check in on this. I think I got the impression that he was interested in the Beacon or maybe Legacy, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, either I'll let you know, or he will.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thinking about the Scion, need to re-read the playbook though. If not that, the Nova or the Doomed.

EDIT: Definitely the Scion.

Last edited:

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
I am thinking either the Delinquent or other playbook that fits with a former (semi-)villain. The Queen of Eyes, a psychic who sees through others and mucks about with perception. The Doomed would probably also work for this.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Yes, I always forgot that one for some reason. Fear Manipulation as the main thing she's known for with the perception stuff as colour works.

Meliai

bunnybunnybunny
Validated User
I'm interested in the Doomed, Beacon, and Protégé, in roughly that order.

Super rough, tentative concepts:
Doomed - Was a civie, taken hostage by a villain when [insert NPC teen hero with a crush on her here] was being a pest. Instead of being violently fridged, the spooky artifact Villain tried to kill her with sort of merged with her instead. Upside: she's still more or less alive and has spooky ghost powers! Downside: the horrible arcane disaster her death was supposed to trigger is still coming and is probably going to take over her body as its avatar when it gets here, whoops.
Beacon - Stray can communicate with cats! Unfortunately, talking to cats is very rarely more useful than talking to regular human bystanders. Often less so, really. Parkour and a pocket full of smoke bombs can be useful though! Stray very, very much wants to be useful.
Protégé - One of those kids with enough natural aptitude to skate by without putting in any real effort, which was 100% her plan until her mentor took her on as their pet project entirely against Protege's will. I want a better sense of the rest of the cast & their associated NPCs before I settle on too many details, but I'm thinking her mentor is either A) a faculty member or B) a vaguely disreputable hero unaffiliated with the school, who the faculty would rather not be associated with one of their students.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Changed my mind about the Scion. I have a concept that I think is solid, but it turns out not to fit that playbook after all. Maybe the Star. Gonna skim all of them, though.

TSSL

Validated User
If I do play Delinquent, I'm eyeing a combination of illusions and emotion control because I can imagine them being related, both involving reaching into someone's mind in a way. (Thinking of illusions that exist entirely in someone's mind, rather than being visible to everyone.)

I hadn't been aware of Unbound, but I like the look of it, so I may have to get it for myself anyway.

Super rough, tentative concepts:
These all sound nifty, but I especially enjoy Stray's concept. It just sounds like a really fun superpower to have there.

Top Bottom