• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Worm Aleph: Everything Old Is Rotted Through Again...

Ninevehn

Heart-furnace
Validated User
Seems unlikely, as her Thinker rating is pretty directly extended from her control over bugs. She can't write with both hands at once, but she can use her bugs to write multiple documents. She can't read massive computer displays showing thousands of documents, but she can crawl her bugs over dozens of pages of raised letters and read them all at once. I'm fairly confident in saying that she just has the one power, which carries two ratings.

Last edited:

Sanctaphrax

Registred User
Validated User
Yeah.

Besides, I think she'd have noticed. I don't think we've seen any unwitting parahumans.

And she really wasn't that powerful, initially. Her power is scary now, but when she was starting out it was a lot weaker.

Random_Interrupt

Brutal Games Developer
Validated User
Yeah.

Besides, I think she'd have noticed. I don't think we've seen any unwitting parahumans.

And she really wasn't that powerful, initially. Her power is scary now, but when she was starting out it was a lot weaker.
There was the kid in Tay's territory who had precognitive dreams, though I think they were suggested to be some kind of proto-parahuman halfway through a proper trigger.

I thought it was rather cute of wildbow to have Jack explicitly say "Eh, I can take you." :D

Last edited:

Noliar

Validated User
Where does Jack get his intelligence from? Seriously:

- Noelle's location for Crawler 1
- Armsmaster's fall from grace for Mannequin 1
- Theo's family's location just now

These are closely guarded secrets of disparate groups and the S9 have them at their fingertips with no visible effort. Bonesaw didn't give it a thought in her interlude.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Man. Shooting a little kid? That's pretty rough. And can Bonesaw not just put her back together anyway?

Wolfwood2

Validated User
There are some things I still don't understand about Gray Boy. How did his power help him instantly get dressed when he popped out of the cloning tube? And what was he originally where the clone can operate a camera only because Bonesaw gave him 'a real child's memories'?

Walker

Happens often
Validated User

These are closely guarded secrets of disparate groups and the S9 have them at their fingertips with no visible effort. Bonesaw didn't give it a thought in her interlude.
se seems to be getting a lot of info from his passanger, refering to weaver as make believe queen connects with glaistig calling her queen administrator, maybe passanger know each ther or are connected in some way.

There are some things I still don't understand about Gray Boy. How did his power help him instantly get dressed when he popped out of the cloning tube? And what was he originally where the clone can operate a camera only because Bonesaw gave him 'a real child's memories'?
Maybe he had his trigger even too young and never wanted to grow old , so he keeps his body and mind in a loop as twisted peter pan, still no idea on how he got dressed

Truthseeker

Validated User

Cherish. She has (had; they're all dead, again, yay!) an exceptionally long range on her empathy and was able to develop cryptic impressions of people based on their feelings and those of the people around them. She was able to identify "the buried girl," Noelle, as someone who was confined and a subject of abject fear or grave concern from the hardened criminals around her and her own friends alike. The "arrogant geek" was a tinker locked up in the top levels of the headquarters.

Interlude 11g said:
The other seven members of the Nine were out there. Not hard to find. One or two were interacting with some other outliers. The most fucked up people in this fucked up city. She’d studied each of these unknown outliers over the course of a week, watching their emotions shift as they went out about their lives, sometimes visiting the areas they tended to hang around, to get a sense of their environments. Slowly, she’d pieced them together, created profiles, discerned which ones had powers and described them to the other members of the Slaughterhouse Nine. Each had made their picks:

The buried girl. The arrogant geek. The dog lover. The daydreamer. The warlord. The scaredy cat. The broken assassin. The crusader.
So that means the only big step was finding Aster just now, but... the Gray Boy appears to be highly proficient at information-gathering, I'm afraid.

Noliar

Validated User
I've realised why Bonesaw characterises Gray Boy's power as unfair. It's nothing to do with how tough or dangerous it makes him - that's Team Good's problem - it's that he can consign people to an eternity of torment with a glance while it takes her an hour or so and the use of another tinker's tech. Just plain old envy.

Top Bottom