• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Worm Bet-the Alternate Thread:The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Still Sucks Though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveen

Validated User
Kinda sucks for Clockie that he only figured out how dangerous his power could be after the series of disasters that hit the city. So the grand debut of his thread gauntlet was... against a mob of high schoolers. Wooo.

Just drives home how badly the Wards have been shafted, both by the fact that they we're denied the chance of Skitter ending up on their team and the mishandling by the PRT in general.

That's one downside of series where the lead character has an ostensibly 'weak' power and thus needs to be clever to survive; more often than not, everyone else by and large gets to be a dumbass. Worm is better than most in this regard (cough*AlexVerus*coughcough) but it is still an offender. Clockblocker's power is spectacular. If it were applied with the same kind of attention and imagination that Skitter's gets, he'd be a massive gamebreaker -- especially since, unlike her, he has Tinkers at his disposal.
I think it's kind of justified due to the complacency present among the heroes. The biggest threats in the world are miles above bush league villains like the Undersiders were, and even with the Endbringers and S9 they were nowhere near on the ball as they could have been. But still, when compared to Leviathan and Siberian, the ABB is like a beach vacation. Nothing that would spur them to think outside the box.

The Protectorate, aside from the A/S class fights, always acts from a position of power and advantage, so the heroes rarely need to get too creative. It doesn't help that Cauldron is more concerned with creating more capes, rather than honing the ones they got.

With the innovation that Dragon and her wastrel boyfriend have been displaying along with Skitter joining up we could see a revolution in superhero tactics.

Last edited:

Bahamut

Validated User
Let's hope Danny will not mess this up.

In other news, the Tattletale-Bitch approach to pet therapy is hilarious and adorable. :D

Wildbow

Retired User
Clockblocker always knew how dangerous his power was, but the Wards are discouraged from using lethal weaponry, so he didn't have anything set up prior. There's mention of him using paper.

Jim Lee

Banned
Ah, thanks for the insight. Another reason Dennis can be so frustrated with the Wards system, perhaps.

Speaking of the Wards system, Danny unsure whether he should sign to permit Taylor to sign up. Two bits of information there: One, Danny is very scared, for Taylor and of Skitter. Understandable. Two, Calle is drawing up the paperwork for Taylor to join the Wards. Not Protectorate, not signing up as apprentice Dragon, Wards.

Reveen

Validated User
Speaking of the Wards system, Danny unsure whether he should sign to permit Taylor to sign up. Two bits of information there: One, Danny is very scared, for Taylor and of Skitter. Understandable. Two, Calle is drawing up the paperwork for Taylor to join the Wards. Not Protectorate, not signing up as apprentice Dragon, Wards.
Probably only in an official capacity. It's not like the PRT is going to care enough to stop her if she decides to go haring off with Dragon, they'd probably prefer it that she end up dead by the Nine so they don't have to deal with her and get a nice "Walks over to the side of good and bravely sacrifices herself" story.

Though I can see Taylor being told to instruct the Wards in Why You Suck and I Always Win 101. That would drive Vista batty, but directly confronting their inadequacies like that is the only way I can see this team being saved from further decay, neglect, and eventual disbanding.

I can understand where Danny is coming from, but I can't help but think he's a bit out of touch for wanting his kid involved in the American prison system. Juvenile or not, Shadow Stalker or no, that shit ain't gonna be good for her.

Last edited:

Noliar

Validated User
Indeed. Taylor has publicly stated that she intends to be a hero - effectively a cop, whoever kills her will get a major rep and, she is not invulnerable - she won't even have her armour so her only defense will be active violence. Prison is not a safe place for her physically or morally.

In the Wards she'll be doing a dangerous job but she'll have superheroes watching her back and she'll be acting within the law for good causes.

If no-one has put it to Danny that baldly yet I expect Calle will. "Mr Herbert, when I think of incarceration my first word association is not safety but shiv..."

Does Danny know that Costa-Brown had gone to great lengths to convince Taylor that she'd beaten two of her friends unconscious and killed a third and that it was only when it had become a killing matter that Taylor attacked at all? He must realise that she has had the power to do whatever harm she likes to Emma, Sophia and Madison for months, several concurrent with the bullying, and only even raised a hand to them once and that just a week or so ago she calmly let Emma punch her in the face. It's horrible to see your child in a killing fury but a man with his temper should surely be more impressed by her restraint. Even if she painted herself too dark in the letter on the grave.

Alathon

4d6+27
I can understand where Danny is coming from, but I can't help but think he's a bit out of touch for wanting his kid involved in the American prison system. Juvenile or not, Shadow Stalker or no, that shit ain't gonna be good for her.
Yeah. Between what went down with Alexandria and fighting Endbringers and S9, Danny is right to be worried about Taylor's safety. Given how hard she flipped out, he's right to worry about her wellbeing. I just hope he realizes that juvie won't protect her from the threats she faces, just limit her ability to defend herself against them, while adding new problems. And maybe realizes that he shouldn't be hating on the Undersiders, that they gave his daughter what he should have.

Looks like Stan's favor-doing ways may have damaged his station's credibility somewhere along the line. Or maybe Forrest is just being overprotective. Stan is probably right that they'd be better off adding to the narrative, trying to direct it. The voice of the people who had to personally deal with and live around "Weaver" will count for a lot in the court of public opinion.

Can't wait to see how that bit with Aidan's dream-drawing, the night Taylor was outed, works out. Also wonder how much of a stress hangover Taylor is gonna have, particularly when she has time to think it over and admit to herself that she took one of humanity's best pieces off the board because she let her temper get the better of her and took vengeance, something she was steeling herself against for months. She might not feel bad about Alexandria's death, but she'll sure feel bad about the consequences thereof.

Last edited:

Jim Lee

Banned
Can't wait to see how that bit with Aidan's dream-drawing, the night Taylor was outed, works out. Also wonder how much of a stress hangover Taylor is gonna have, particularly when she has time to think it over and admit to herself that she took one of humanity's best pieces off the board because she let her temper get the better of her and took vengeance, something she was steeling herself against for months. She might not feel bad about Alexandria's death, but she'll sure feel bad about the consequences thereof.

I take the view that if someone forces you to kill them/enact violence against them, the consequences of that violence aren't entirely, or even majorly, your fault. Yeah, Alexandria not being around will be a problem next time one of the Endbringers shows up. If she is dead, though, the responsibility is not entirely on Taylor's shoulders. Costa-Brown walked into that interrogation room planning to drive Taylor into a mental breakdown, thinking "Meh, if she flips out, I can take her. Her suffering is necessary."

If she turns out to have been wrong, if it turns out that Taylor's last second strike was something that Alexandria didn't have a plan for, and couldn't take, then I'm not gonna hold Taylor responsible for what was effectively Alexandria committing suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom