• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Worm Bet-the Alternate Thread:The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Still Sucks Though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

braincraft

RPGnet Member
Banned
Contessa's power seems to be always doing exactly the right thing with perfect execution. Prince's power seems to be preventing anyone from willfully opposing or harming him, but sufficiently indirect opposition seems to work.

mc2rpg

Retired User
Things is lookin' shady for the Protectorate. Losing an entire major team, just like that, it could so easily be the start of a flood. Cauldron on the other hand seems to have recognized an opportunity to grow their org. Perhaps a sign of things to come, if enough capes think they're a good bet, they could very well decide to open shop and say "we do what we want, you want powers we got them, come at us and we'll end you". With a little more coverage, judging by how scary-good their top members are, they could make it stick.
I would not be surprised at all if this were to happen. The PRT really isn't helping the situation either. Recruiting such a public villain as Skitter, with all of her assorted crimes, and flaunting her to the various Wards team all while investigating and punishing the Cauldron capes is just a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't blame most heroes for wondering why Skitter is acceptable while a hero they had worked with for years was being forced out of his leadership position.

Alathon

4d6+27
I would not be surprised at all if this were to happen. The PRT really isn't helping the situation either. Recruiting such a public villain as Skitter, with all of her assorted crimes, and flaunting her to the various Wards team all while investigating and punishing the Cauldron capes is just a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't blame most heroes for wondering why Skitter is acceptable while a hero they had worked with for years was being forced out of his leadership position.
Sure would be a pisser if with the best of intentions, Weaver managed to be the straw that broke the PRT's back.

Oh, and a thought: does anybody else find it a bit ominous that the passengers don't ask?

Last edited:

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Because they always knew Skitter's was a villain, and they know Weaver was Skitter.
They didn't know about other's Cauldron backgrounds.
You expect a villain to lie, not your teammates.

mc2rpg

Retired User
Because they always knew Skitter's was a villain, and they know Weaver was Skitter.
They didn't know about other's Cauldron backgrounds.
You expect a villain to lie, not your teammates.
And yet Pretender's team hired mercenaries to help get him free, and they weren't Cauldron capes. He even killed a thinker to make sure the Contessa wouldn't murder him. So sure, the people up top are certainly trying to clear house of Cauldron capes, but the people on the ground seem less concerned about where someone got their powers compared to who the person is.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
And yet Pretender's team hired mercenaries to help get him free, and they weren't Cauldron capes. He even killed a thinker to make sure the Contessa wouldn't murder him. So sure, the people up top are certainly trying to clear house of Cauldron capes, but the people on the ground seem less concerned about where someone got their powers compared to who the person is.
Pfft, one team of teenagers hired mercenaries to help free him. Teenagers aren't known for their clear headedness or good decision making. Not that this isn't a big grey clusterfuck....

Last edited:

mc2rpg

Retired User
Pfft, one team of teenagers hired mercenaries to help free him. Teenagers aren't known for their clear headedness or good decision making. Not that this isn't a big grey clusterfuck....
So your argument is that after one team successfully used force to get their leader out of the consequences of being a Cauldron cape and committing murder, nobody else will think it is a valid strategy?

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
So your argument is that after one team successfully used force to get their leader out of the consequences of being a Cauldron cape and committing murder, nobody else will think it is a valid strategy?
No, they didn't. Pretender made a bargain with the Doctor. His team hired mercenaries that were beaten. Contessa and a sniper dude were the real problems and they were hired by the doctor/Pretender.

I'm assuming the PR team will spin his vanishing a different way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom