• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Worm: The best supervillain web serial that you aren't not reading yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildbow

Retired User
Replicators or duplicators?

Kudzu was a self-replicator. It was only a variation on her power that let her clone Echidna.

saintsant

Retired User
Eidolon clones. Eidolon. Clones. Game over, man, game over...

Though, it's curious... Do clones with similar powersets draw their strength from the same parallels as the originals? And, if they do, could a large number of Eidolons drain the already waning 'pool' of power available to him even faster? This is assuming that his deterioration is caused by heat death or some other malaise that plagues the dimensions he draws power from.

Noliar

Validated User
What the heroes need is a strong levitation effect. Hoist Echidna a few hundred feet in the air so she has nothing to run on and most of her clones won't survive the fall. Then the artillery can get on with it.

Eidolon could have done it - before he got swallowed.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What the heroes need is a strong levitation effect. Hoist Echidna a few hundred feet in the air so she has nothing to run on and most of her clones won't survive the fall. Then the artillery can get on with it.

Eidolon could have done it - before he got swallowed.
Eidolon could still do it, of course it would be his clone, and it would be the heroes getting flung into orbit but in the Wormverse they call that "Situation Normal".

Telekinesis is one of those highly abusable powers that I'm always leery of as a GM. Have we seen any TK users in Worm so far though? Especially one who didn't have serious limits on it?

Glassware

Validated User
Eidolon could still do it, of course it would be his clone, and it would be the heroes getting flung into orbit but in the Wormverse they call that "Situation Normal".

Telekinesis is one of those highly abusable powers that I'm always leery of as a GM. Have we seen any TK users in Worm so far though? Especially one who didn't have serious limits on it?
Well, there's Simurgh.

I love that about Worm, how everyone has weird, non-traditional powers (Except Alexandria, but even she has weird components).

Noliar

Validated User
I think he'd manifest it as a stretchy force net or something rather than general purpose TK.

SuperG

Validated User
With regards to Panacea... she is too dangerous to store in a merely airtight facility. She made Atlas out of spare bugs - I see no reason she couldn't work with smaller bits of organic material. If she gets creative, then unless you starve her to death, she's going to have enough organic material to create concrete-eating bacteria and world-ending-apocalypse germs and send them on their merry way.

Now, a summary execution? Possibly justified. She may well prove be too dangerous to send to even the Birdcage.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
It's funny, I was thinking the other days how the Great and Powerful Turtle (from the Wildcards universe) would be a Triumverate-level power in the Worm universe simply because of his unrestricted telekinesis. [1]

Flight isn't *that* common. Most of the big threats we've seen could be handled by levitating them a mile or so up into the air and letting them twist there. Heck, two out of three Endbringers could be stopped that way.

[1] Though to be fair, he was considered a top tier Ace even in his own universe. The Turtle once levitated an aircraft carrier a few feet out of the water, just to show he could.

Korror

Storyteller
Validated User
When facing a monster capable of duplicating anything with wide variations on their power level, do you send:

A)Everyone, including all your youngest and least experienced heroes who will be absorbed and then spat out with vastly increased powers?
B)Just your top 5 who are capable of avoiding her and don't need any help to finish her off?

Great planning, heroes.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
When facing a monster capable of duplicating anything with wide variations on their power level, do you send:

A)Everyone, including all your youngest and least experienced heroes who will be absorbed and then spat out with vastly increased powers?
B)Just your top 5 who are capable of avoiding her and don't need any help to finish her off?
The problem is that they need a small army to handle the constant stream of clones. Your 'top five' could potentially handle Echidna on their own, but not if they need to be constantly killing clones to keep the numbers from getting overwhelming.

It's kind of a no-win situation. They were doing pretty well for a long time because they had all the less/younger heroes to handle the clones while the most powerful concentrated on Echidna herself. But as we saw, the counterpoint was it gave her more opportunity to capture different heroes to find a clone with the perfect power to win the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom