• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Worm thread Gimel: Tinker Taylor Weaver Worm

Random_Interrupt

Brutal Games Developer
Validated User
Indeed -- I think the second or third time categories and rankings were brought up, there were specific examples of capes who had rankings in multiple categories. I believe Taylor herself is classified as Master/Thinker (I don't recall what the original numbers were, but even if I went and dug them up I suspect they'd look like rather low estimates now).
Originally pegged at Master 5, with a provisional Thinker 1. Latest stats we got from PRT upgraded her Master rating to an 8. Plus then there's Tagg ordering his guys to treat her as if she had a 2-point rating in every category, just to be safe, and that wasn't enough.

Right ... so let's run the Justice League through that filter:

Superman - Brute/Mover/Blaster
Martian Manhunter: Brute/Mover/Changer/Stranger/Breaker
Flash: Mover/Breaker/Stranger ... 11?
Green Lantern: ... Shaker/Blaster/Mover/Changer/
Batman (as portrayed in JL comics and shows): Thinker/Tinker/Stranger
Martian Manhunter should have a Master and Thinker rating too, due to telepathy.
Supes' should also have a Thinker rating due to his enhanced mental processing speed.
Green Lantern should have a Brute or Breaker rating rather than Changer, Hal Jordan at least can't shapeshift but he does have the whole protective life support aura dealie.

Last edited:

RazorSmile

Threadkiller
Validated User
Martian Manhunter should have a Master and Thinker rating too, due to telepathy.
Supes' should also have a Thinker rating due to his enhanced mental processing speed.
Green Lantern should have a Brute or Breaker rating rather than Changer, Hal Jordan at least can't shapeshift but he does have the whole protective life support aura dealie.
However, if Miss Militia counts as a Changer even though her body doesn't transform, then I think, given how similar her power is to theirs, the Green Lanterns should have a Changer rating too.

Right you are on all other counts (I plumb forgot Martian Manhunter's telepathy.) I have edited accordingly. That just goes to prove my point: when half the characters in the setting have high ratings on every single category, it kind of loses all meaning. By comparison, aside from Eidolon and the Endbringers, who else has high ratings in more than three of the Wormverse criteria?

Last edited:

braincraft

RPGnet Member
Banned
What classification is used for enhanced or expanded senses? There are a lot of characters in Worm that have something along those lines, and outside of Worm there's stuff like Superman's telescopic vision, x-ray vision, and enhanced hearing, or Wolverine's ability to track by scent.

Do all information-gathering abilities fall under Thinker? All precogs seem to.

Wildbow

Retired User
Thinker. In some rare cases they'd fall under a Brute classification.

Taylor's thinker rating is due to her effective clairvoyance with her bugs.

Axiomatic

I mix a coat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thinker. In some rare cases they'd fall under a Brute classification.

Taylor's thinker rating is due to her effective clairvoyance with her bugs.
Well, that and because she is able to read the reports of a thousand underlings simultaneously and not get swamped by the details. It's not scary that she has access to the bugs' sensorium, it's that she's able to comprehend it all instantly.

Sanctaphrax

Registred User
Validated User
I don't know if the PRT is fully aware of Taylor's multitasking abilities.

Anyway, I think the rating system works pretty well for DC superheroes if you're willing to hand out really really high ratings. Superman is probably something like Brute 12 Mover 11 Blaster 9 Thinker 6. It depends on continuity, of course, but in pretty much all interpretations Superman is way stronger than any of the non-Scion non-Endbringer characters in Worm.

RazorSmile

Threadkiller
Validated User
I don't know if the PRT is fully aware of Taylor's multitasking abilities.
Drone 23.01 said:
"Felix Swoop, tier three member of the group,” Jouster said. “Master-blaster hybrid. Controls birds, but not as much control as you seem to have. Thing is, he applies fire immunity and pyrokinesis to the birds, programs them with movements. You said he’s distracted?"
I think they have an idea.

Glassware

Validated User
I think they have an idea.
I doubt they've fully considered the implications, though. It's not really obvious unless you're looking at it from Skitter's perspective, and given that she almost always uses swarms, they could just be assuming that she's using preprogrammed patterns in her insects or similar.

Random_Interrupt

Brutal Games Developer
Validated User
Anyway, I think the rating system works pretty well for DC superheroes if you're willing to hand out really really high ratings. Superman is probably something like Brute 12 Mover 11 Blaster 9 Thinker 6. It depends on continuity, of course, but in pretty much all interpretations Superman is way stronger than any of the non-Scion non-Endbringer characters in Worm.
Come to think of it... it may be that ol' Supes actually just has one rating; Trump ∞, which makes sense of his power-level fluctuating so schizophrenically through the comics runs, he's literally as powerful as he needs to be.

Katsue

Young Witch
Validated User
Kuroko is scary. She's a displacement teleporter, and one who can control the orientation and momentum of things she teleports; one of her favorite tricks is pinning people to walls or the ground by teleporting her throwing spikes through their clothes and the nearest convenient surface. So not only does she have a high Mover rating, but also Blaster and Striker ratings, since she can potentially teleport you into a wall, or the wall into you, killing just about anybody instantly.
Given that Kuroko once demolished a building by teleporting panes of glass into the support pillars, there's an argument for Shaker as well. The weird thing is that she couldn't directly beat a guy who fought her using a light-based illusion, so her spatial senses can't be as good as you'd expect for someone who teleports without line of sight.

Top Bottom