Worst. Modules. Ever.

The Gentleman Dawkins

Validated User
The much-loved Call of Cthulhu scenario Heart of Darkness was a bad offender for this. There's about a page and a half of text to read out that my players started to lose concentration with half way through and suddenly started ordering pizza. Always a bad sign in my experience.

I recommend breaking this text up and having it needed to be sought out in true Call of Cthulhu fashion. Just fudge the rolls so the players find all the data, it doesn't matter if they get 'unearned' experience rolls if it makes the game more fun.
Ah yes. The Julius Smith lecture at the start of Horror on the Orient Express is very much like this. Around two page of text about his experiences with ghost sightings. In the end, one of the PCs started a fire at the Challenger Institute just to shut him up (he set a pot plant alight).

The worst of it was that the lecture has nothing to do with the rest of the plot.

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
...25 minutes later...

Well, okay, I used to know at least two people who'd enjoy that strip. Not really to my taste though.
Though I do kind of like the idea of a cannibalistic snake monster that eats pedophiles rather than offend her human friends. :/

RobertEdwards

Validated User
...25 minutes later...

Well, okay, I used to know at least two people who'd enjoy that strip. Not really to my taste though.
Though I do kind of like the idea of a cannibalistic snake monster that eats pedophiles rather than offend her human friends. :/
I kind of like the idea of a Supervillain who dates her arch enemy.

randlathor66

Validated User
I kind of like the idea of a Supervillain who dates her arch enemy.
There was this series of shorts on Amazon (not offered there anymore) called Super Knocked Up, where the premier supervillainess gets pregnant by the premier super hero. It was fun and I hope they do more, I would like to see where it goes.

Top Bottom