💀 Necro Wow: a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Boxset!

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wow! That's the first new RPG product I've been genuinely excited about for.... well, a long while. This is great news!

vagabond_pip

Validated User
This is certainly unexpected. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. A GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game complete in a box set is intriguing.

SorcererNinja

Ace Valkryie Pilot
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I've already got a ton of fantasy games, including basically every iteration of D&D. Nonetheless, since I've been at least kinda curious about GURPS for a while and I love the idea of more box sets existing, I will be seriously considering putting some money into this. :)

Gentleman Highwayman

Validated User
OK, I've been reading about The Fantasy Trip and wanted to check out GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. The later intrigued me, but I didn't know what I needed and it seemed it recommended a bunch of stuff only for a small part of it. The fact it is a complete game (Powered by GURPS) is the thing that got my interest. I might finally take the GURPS plunge...if I can scare up the cash.

Iain.

0Megabyte

Stardust Princeling
Validated User
Hmm. This looks like quite the attractive set.

It may turn into a good opportunity to have a first look at GURPS. At my local game store, they have a bunch of supplements, but like with most games, no core rulebooks. (Strange, that. Feels like a waste of space if they can't offer people an introduction to various systems.)

DavetheLost

Validated User
I am not a GURPS fan, but if SJG do half as good a job on this as they did on OGRE Designer's Edition they will have a winner.

Dungeon crawls are a perenial favorite, and providing a familiar genre and setting is a good way to introduce a rules set.

Davies

Validated User
Hmm. This looks like quite the attractive set.

It may turn into a good opportunity to have a first look at GURPS. At my local game store, they have a bunch of supplements, but like with most games, no core rulebooks. (Strange, that. Feels like a waste of space if they can't offer people an introduction to various systems.)
In partial defense of your retailer, the core rules of GURPS are freely available in a download from SJG, titled GURPS Lite. (This is something they did years before SRDs became a thing.)

I will definitely be participating in this kickstarter, even though I already have every DF product.

Scurrilous

Validated User
Well, it's not the absolute worst possible choice but I think zombies or superheroes would have been better.

I'm excited but I'll wait to see what's going in it before I commit.

NPC Brown Cow

Validated User
Well, it's not the absolute worst possible choice but I think zombies or superheroes would have been better.
Zombies and Supers combined aren't 1/10th the market size. SJ makes very little money on GURPS, the lions share of their profit comes from Munchkin and other lines.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User

I'm excited but I'll wait to see what's going in it before I commit.
Paradigm Concepts excellent Rotted Capes already does zombies and supers, and without GURPS Supers problematic power issues.

Top Bottom