• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW/BSC] Deathknight Powerleveling

Dice Hound

D12 never gets any love
I have a feeling that for people like me, who are leveling through Outland for the first time, will be screwed by the wave of DKs in the area leveling. I have a feeling I'll be sitting and waiting for respawns an awful lot.

IceShadow

Painting Fiend
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I have a feeling that for people like me, who are leveling through Outland for the first time, will be screwed by the wave of DKs in the area leveling. I have a feeling I'll be sitting and waiting for respawns an awful lot.
The nice thing about Outlands is that the respawn rate is tied to the amount of people in the zone.

The bad thing about that is that if a whole bunch of people just left you might get a TON of fast respawning mobs, but that's worth not having to wait, IMO.

James Ojaste

Oblivious
Validated User
Nah. The real crush will be in Acherus, and there the issue won't really be waiting for respawns so much as waiting several seconds for your character to cast that instant "pull mob" spell once you've hit the button...

James Ojaste

Oblivious
Validated User
I will be using RAF (RAF duo through Acherus = level 60), so it'll probably end up being unnecessary to do the Plaguelands sequence at all (or I might do the cauldron quests anyway just so I can quickly hit 61 via LHC turnins), but this may be useful to those who do not have RAF.
I'm kind of surprised you're not just granting 5 levels to the DK off the bat to start him out at 60 *before* doing the Acherus quests.

IceShadow

Painting Fiend
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I'm kind of surprised you're not just granting 5 levels to the DK off the bat to start him out at 60 *before* doing the Acherus quests.
Apparently, you can't because you have to be next to the character you're granting levels to and other chars can't get to DKs until they get out of Acherus.

Dice Hound

D12 never gets any love
The nice thing about Outlands is that the respawn rate is tied to the amount of people in the zone.

The bad thing about that is that if a whole bunch of people just left you might get a TON of fast respawning mobs, but that's worth not having to wait, IMO.
Ah. didn't know that.

It's too bad my main is P&W and not BSC. With BSC and all those DKs, it might be pretty easy to get a PUG for some of the group quests in Outland.

IceShadow

Painting Fiend
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I suspect you'll have little trouble doing that P&W-side. :)
What he said. I doubt P&W is that much different from BSC; in BSC if you ask for assistance you'll typically get it no matter if it's on someone's quest list or not. :)

Dice Hound

D12 never gets any love
What he said. I doubt P&W is that much different from BSC; in BSC if you ask for assistance you'll typically get it no matter if it's on someone's quest list or not. :)

What I meant, is that with all the DK around, a horde toon would have more people around that they could group with. Am I mistaken on this?

Top Bottom