• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wow] Looking for a new EU server

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Me and some friends are looking for a new home. We're currently in a guild over on Silvermoon EU that has been our home for a long time, but recently it's changed and now we're thinking of moving on. It used to be a lovely social guild where everyone would say hello when you logged on and be happy to chat about random stuff. The social side has really changed/disappeared over the past few months though, and now you log on and no-one responds to your cheery "hello". The server has also changed and is now 93% alliance, gear-score obsessed and it's impossible to get anything done in Dalaran as the lag is so awful.

We're looking for a new server and new a guild, and I was wondering if anyone on rpgnet could chip in with reccomendations!

In terms of server, we'd like to move to a server that has a more equal horde:alliance balance. We've been looking at Chamber of Aspects (EU) and would happily go there if we could find the right guild, but could go anywhere really. Earthen Ring is also looking good - does anyone have experience with CoA or ER? Key features would be a mature economy, decent population size but not too much lag in Dalaran, and active PUGs for ICC/ToTC/Ulduar. If there was a bit less focus on gear-score that would be nice (Silvermoon is obsessed with it)!

We're looking for a social Alliance-side guild that's friendly but with some progression raiding. We don't want to be tied to mandatory raiding, but most of us would like to raid about once a week (not necessary all of us on the same night though. The shadow priest can raid more than once a week). Our current guild is quite small which makes it hard to get raiding sorted, so we'd like to go somewhere a bit bigger that has 25-man progression but where it's also possible to get fun nights together to go and play vanilla or BC content for fun/achievements. We also like a bit of PvP every now and then.. Basically we're just looking for a mature, social space where we can also still make progression in ICC without any drama. Does that sound like too much to ask? Oh, and they must be gnome friendly!! Very important is being friendly to gnomes...

Thanks hugely in advance for any useful comments :)

ducklingsmith

Bitsy Warlock
Validated User
I know that there are RPGnet players on Moonglade, Argent Dawn and Steamwheedle, but most of them play Hordeside.

I run a small friends-and-family Alliance-side guild on Earthen Ring, the Firelight Society. We do some 10-man and general stuffing about. We have ties to Raven Knights, one of the 25-man guilds on the server (and some of our players do 25s there when our connections hold up), but there are usually people levelling, doing heroics or knocking about in chat.

We are likely to stick with 10-man when Cataclysm rolls round, so make of that what you will. But the server is nice, well-established, decent economy, Dalaran isn't choked up entirely, and I very rarely see people harping on about Gearscore.

But don't take my blurb for it entirely; drop a level 1 alt into the Firelight chat channel and have a word! We promise we won't bite*.

* mostly

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
I play mostly Hordeside on Moonglade-EU. It's Ally/Horde ratio is pretty decent. I do have an 80 alliance character though(currently unguilded, as I don't know too many Alliance players.)

I played a short time on Earthen Ring-EU, Hordeside...but only to about level 25 so I didn't get a very good look at this for good or bad.

There is a Coalition channel Alliance side on Moonglade, but it doesn't seem that lively anymore.

And damn, our guild on Moonglade sounds like what you want-we're friendly, we chat, but we do require applications and consider ourselves a 'raiding guild'-however we don't FORCE anyone to raid who doesn't want to. The ones who like to raid are quite passionate about it, but some folks only drop in once in awhile. Our main drawback it sounds like is we are Hordeside-and well, Moonglade is kind of a backwater server on top of it. :p (And we do have those GS obsessed types floating about as well on that server.)

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I know that there are RPGnet players on Moonglade, Argent Dawn and Steamwheedle, but most of them play Hordeside.

I run a small friends-and-family Alliance-side guild on Earthen Ring, the Firelight Society. We do some 10-man and general stuffing about. We have ties to Raven Knights, one of the 25-man guilds on the server (and some of our players do 25s there when our connections hold up), but there are usually people levelling, doing heroics or knocking about in chat.

We are likely to stick with 10-man when Cataclysm rolls round, so make of that what you will. But the server is nice, well-established, decent economy, Dalaran isn't choked up entirely, and I very rarely see people harping on about Gearscore.

But don't take my blurb for it entirely; drop a level 1 alt into the Firelight chat channel and have a word! We promise we won't bite*.

* mostly
We've decided on Earthen Ring, but will be applying to "Immune to Psychology" (mostly because we came across them first!). I can give you guys a poke once my mains are over though (currently I just have a level 1 hunter called Hhmm parked in SW :)).

andreww

Soul sucking Lawyer
Validated User
*wave*

While you have made your decision I just wanted to say hello to another person from Silvermoon. We started out there many years ago at release on the Horde side as the Dungeoneers. Times were great but we pretty much had to abandon ship when the population imbalance became utterly ridiculous.

Good luck with your move.

Top Bottom