• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
I've been assuming that since Gallywix is obviously the worst choice for Warchief out of the current Horde leaders, he'll be who Blizzard gives the position next. And they probably won't even be topical with it by having him dye himself orange and start shouting about making the Horde great again.

Therion

Hi there!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I kind of like the (probably unintended) imagery of the tools of making being abandoned for the tools of destruction. It feels appropriate.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thrall ain’t pickin’ anyone. Recall:

“I will not lead the Horde.”

“I didn’t ask.”

Just speculation on my part, but I think Saurfang’s made up his mind. I think he followed the assassins as a courtesy to Thrall, and because a figurehead won’t hurt in the days ahead, but with the full knowledge that that’s all it was. Saurfang’s next in line to lead the Horde. Anyone else can just get the fuck out of the way, because he’s tired of this shit.

You know, like the rest of us.

Last edited:

Esckey

Validated User
I'd feel more invested if the plot hadn't been so dumb, since, hell...the end of Warlords.
Yep that’s me as well. It’s mostly why I stopped playing, but after I have no idea how many’s years(since WC1 through to WoW:which ever expansion brought the artifact weapons) I can’t not pay attention to the goings on of Warcraft.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
I've been assuming that since Gallywix is obviously the worst choice for Warchief out of the current Horde leaders, he'll be who Blizzard gives the position next. And they probably won't even be topical with it by having him dye himself orange and start shouting about making the Horde great again.
Actually, I'd say that Gallywix is one of hte better candidates. He's corrupt, he's venal, but he evidently did know how to run a society, and his default value isn't BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL! Pretty not good for the Horde, but his interest in making money may result in a horde that is less likely to go right into another war.

Note--previous War Chiefs have set a very low bar.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Actually, I'd say that Gallywix is one of hte better candidates. He's corrupt, he's venal, but he evidently did know how to run a society, and his default value isn't BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL! Pretty not good for the Horde, but his interest in making money may result in a horde that is less likely to go right into another war.

Note--previous War Chiefs have set a very low bar.
No, Gallywix is the worst candidate. Everything he did during the goblin intro scenario shows him to be evil to the point of overwhelming stupidity. Literally every single other Horde leader would be better. Keep in mind that most of those leaders are actually pretty good (either as a leader, as a person, or both): Lor'themar, Baine, Saurfang, Thalyssra, Talanji, any Darkspear (Rokhan?), Ji, Mayla, Geya'rah. Those are all of the Horde faction leaders (de facto in some cases) excluding Sylvanas (the worst) and Gallywix (the second worst). That's also what's so frustrating about all of this: by and large, the Horde leadership are, if not good people, then at least not cackling evil monsters.

EDIT: Even if we want to compare him to past war chiefs, even Garrosh comes out looking better. Gallywix is a piece of shit who tried enslaving his own people. Garrosh at least had some degree of loyalty to other orcs.

Last edited:

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
No, Gallywix is the worst candidate. Everything he did during the goblin intro scenario shows him to be evil to the point of overwhelming stupidity. Literally every single other Horde leader would be better. Keep in mind that most of those leaders are actually pretty good (either as a leader, as a person, or both): Lor'themar, Baine, Saurfang, Thalyssra, Talanji, any Darkspear (Rokhan?), Ji, Mayla, Geya'rah. Those are all of the Horde faction leaders (de facto in some cases) excluding Sylvanas (the worst) and Gallywix (the second worst). That's also what's so frustrating about all of this: by and large, the Horde leadership are, if not good people, then at least not cackling evil monsters.
Yeah.

For those who never played as a Goblin. Gallywix decided that Deathwing destroying his people's island home was the perfect opportunity to trick everyone into the brig of his ship to be sold as slaves. And even after said ship was blown up by the alliance, he still plotted to enslave his people with mind control drugs and other shenanigans, and it took the combination of the Goblin PC and Thrall kicking his ass before he finally relented (And even then, after everything was said and done he still pulled the Goblin PC aside and was like "I wont forget this, I'll make you pay someday."

Granted, he may have gotten better since then (IIRC in one of the side stories he deliberately keeps a reality warping artifact out of Garrosh' hands by simply not telling him about it.) But then again he was also the guy selling tickets to go see the Burning Legion invade Azeroth. So yeah, Gallywix doesn't deserve to be in charge of the Steamwheedle Cartel, much less the entire Horde.

chrisinpm

Validated User
Just watched the new cinematic and I will never forgive Blizzard for the absolute rubbish writing for this story arc. Hot garbage is far too charitable.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Just watched the new cinematic and I will never forgive Blizzard for the absolute rubbish writing for this story arc. Hot garbage is far too charitable.
Yeah, I'm not a fan.

Can we just consider the Hearthstone version of Azeroth the canon Azeroth now? The story of Rafaam, Hagatha, Togwaggle, Lazul and Dr. Boom strapping rockets to Dalaran to steal it is way more compelling and interesting than "Horde vs. Alliance round 181262763."

Seriously, I feel like that meme of Spoony screaming whenever John Cena and Randy Orton get put in a match together.

Top Bottom