• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Yeah, Calligraphy is laughably easy mounted. I ran into the jellyfish quest for the first time last night. It took me a bit to figure it out, but I'm hopeful it will become second nature before too long.

TheGrog

Validated User
Yeah, Calligraphy sucked the first time. The second I didn't shift out of travel form, and it turned into my favorite WQ. Over in 20s.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
To their credit, the Devs keep trying to throw in World Quests that aren't just some variant of "Click the Things" or "Kill the Things". Sadly many of their ideas find a difficult home in the WoW game engine.

(Also, Calligraphy is super easy if you do it while mounted. You can often complete the whole things before the guide vanishes.)
That does not match my experience, at all.

I never had an issue with Beachhead apart from its monotony (same issue with Cycle of Life).

From Legion, the really horrible one for me was Like the Wind. I never really cared about The Magic of Flight, but Like the Wind was flatly undoable for me.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Like the Wind could be done with flight, but even then it was obnoxious if you didn't quite follow the path the right way (and obviously flight wasn't always available for it).

chrisinpm

Validated User
After watching that cinematic I remain in awe of the hot garbage that constitutes the "story" in this expansion. It is literally Cata with serial numbers filed off. but IMO its greatest crime isn't that it's derivative - it's that it's so damn lazy.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
After watching that cinematic I remain in awe of the hot garbage that constitutes the "story" in this expansion. It is literally Cata with serial numbers filed off. but IMO its greatest crime isn't that it's derivative - it's that it's so damn lazy.
Indeed.

I mentioned Thrall and Jaina looking super worn out in that trailer. Well their tiredness with all this bullshit mirrors the audiences tiredness with all this bullshit.

Just wait in three expansions when somehow Gallywix ends up becoming War Chief and promises to "Make the Horde Great again." and we get to do this ALL OVER AGAIN. At which point I imagine Thrall and Jaina will be like "that's it we're out. We're going pub crawling. You morons figure this shit out."

Shade the Lost

Validated User
Indeed.

I mentioned Thrall and Jaina looking super worn out in that trailer. Well their tiredness with all this bullshit mirrors the audiences tiredness with all this bullshit.

Just wait in three expansions when somehow Gallywix ends up becoming War Chief and promises to "Make the Horde Great again." and we get to do this ALL OVER AGAIN. At which point I imagine Thrall and Jaina will be like "that's it we're out. We're going pub crawling. You morons figure this shit out."
I imagine that millions of their players would follow Thrall and Jaina if Activision was stupid enough to do that. I can't imagine that it's been good for the numbers to repeat the expansion this time, either, especially with all the bullshit about the artifact stuff.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
And I think it might be lampshaded in one of the NPCs.

Spoiler: Show
Among the NPCs in the mechagon quest, there's a female gnome who is a friend of a goblin.

Well, no, actually they're married and very much in love with each other, putting up a facade that is nearly completely transparent to just about everyone but her "boss". Seeing that with a friend, my entire day was brightened, because I wondered if they're going to slip even more of that in, people just essentially going: fuck this, this is stupid.

My greatest hope is tht at the big final faction fight, they have a cutscene where everyone from zappy boy on down, just go : "No. Fuck this. You've tossed how many generations onto the fire? We quit. We're not going to turn around and fight again." and then the armies are the ones who call the fight off."

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
I imagine that millions of their players would follow Thrall and Jaina if Activision was stupid enough to do that. I can't imagine that it's been good for the numbers to repeat the expansion this time, either, especially with all the bullshit about the artifact stuff.
The day I log off for the last time, I'll do it for all of my toons, at Halfhill, the happiest place around, on the only continent where the inhabitants seem to get it.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, here's a good move on the part of the devs: set us up in a new zone, and ditch Blightcaller in the process. It's a lot easier to stomach taking my marching orders from Lor'themar than from Sylv's lackey.

As to Nazjatar . . . nothing about this patch makes any sense. So instead of sinking our ships, Azshara instead clears the water from a part of Nazjatar so she can trap us there. For reasons. Even by supervillain standards that's a dumb move. Would've been better if we started with a mission to get back the tidestone and drained the place ourselves, putting Azshara at a disadvantage and giving us a chance to face her on our terms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom