• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
So, here's a good move on the part of the devs: set us up in a new zone, and ditch Blightcaller in the process. It's a lot easier to stomach taking my marching orders from Lor'themar than from Sylv's lackey.

As to Nazjatar . . . nothing about this patch makes any sense. So instead of sinking our ships, Azshara instead clears the water from a part of Nazjatar so she can trap us there. For reasons. Even by supervillain standards that's a dumb move. Would've been better if we started with a mission to get back the tidestone and drained the place ourselves, putting Azshara at a disadvantage and giving us a chance to face her on our terms.
I'm pretty sure the idea is that to release Nazoth requires us to be there, so she is doing actions that both make invading easier and provoke the factions into action.

-Naxuul

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm pretty sure the idea is that to release Nazoth requires us to be there, so she is doing actions that both make invading easier and provoke the factions into action.
Now that is a damn fine point. Objection withdrawn!

In more positive news, the Unshackled are really swell people. I like having allies for quests and such, and I’m hoping we’ll get one of them for the mission table to offset the penalty of the new ocean mission type. As with Zandalar the day to day quests and zones and such are pretty good. And while I’m not sure I’ll be snapping up any new pets, I’m at least considering it.

So cautiously optimistic so far?

Requiem_17_23

Mrglglglgl
Validated User
In more positive news, the Unshackled are really swell people.
I see what you did there.

But yeah, I felt like it was odd - both Gazlowe with his unionised workers *who he wasn't screwing over*, the various midlevel goblin NPCs, and the Unshackled are suddenly presenting us with sympathetic goblin role models.

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
I'm curious where Blizzard are going with all the plot threads they are throwing out. Are they setting up some real change in the Horde?

On the other hand these are the same devs who promised that the Burning of Teldrassil would be nuanced

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Real change should have come after Mists...it did not. Real change should have come after the Legion pre-expansion...it did not.

I'll trust in Blizzard offering real change two expansions after it actually comes.

chrisinpm

Validated User
I'm pretty sure / hopeful that Gazlowe being presented as a competent, likeable goblin is Blizzard setting up a successor for Gallywix.

Further speculating on leadership changes:

Sylvanas replaced by Baine

Saurfang dies (finally getting the honorable death in battle he's been pining for)

Blightcaller dies (hopefully as a raid boss so I can cut off a piece of his hide as a souvenir. I hate raids but I'd make an exception for him)

Unrelated - what do I do with these BoA Benthic pieces? Are they for lowbie alts when they hit 120 or am I supposed to gear up my main using manapearls? I'm sort of confused what I'm supposed to do with them.

Top Bottom