• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Questgiver: "Kill 25 hydras."

Me: "..."

(goes off and commits a hydra genocide)

Me (30 minutes of work later): "OK, I'm done."

Questgiver: "Great! Here's 25 War Resources and 50 Unshackled Rep!"

.... f*ck you, Blizzard. F*ck. You.
They designed some cool zones and then went out of their way to fill them with obnoxious quests and terrible, inventory-clogging loot.

TheGrog

Validated User
Naz is really pretty, but feels bad to quest and move around in. Some of that is the quests themselves, and some is the zone design. So much verticallity. The mobs themselves feel really beefy, and the hydras in particular are just terrible to farm without a group/people in your area. And finally it feels like you got next to nothing done thanks to the gating seemingly being based on bodyguard exp and not rep. So it's just 300 per day, forever!

Mechagon felt better. Especially on flight pack days. Stuff is always spawning, you can often get to it before it dies, it is fairly easy to get around in, and the mobs don't feel like they beat in a 420 ilvl's face quite so bad. A good time in Mech can be a ton of rep thanks to the rares.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
For anyone who's let their subscription lapse like me, I received 3 days of free play today that starts when I want, between now and July 28. I assume this has gone out to any old players, or at least any lapsed players who bought BfA.

Sankarah

Not Quite a Grognard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Naz is really pretty, but feels bad to quest and move around in. Some of that is the quests themselves, and some is the zone design. So much verticallity. The mobs themselves feel really beefy, and the hydras in particular are just terrible to farm without a group/people in your area. And finally it feels like you got next to nothing done thanks to the gating seemingly being based on bodyguard exp and not rep. So it's just 300 per day, forever!

Mechagon felt better. Especially on flight pack days. Stuff is always spawning, you can often get to it before it dies, it is fairly easy to get around in, and the mobs don't feel like they beat in a 420 ilvl's face quite so bad. A good time in Mech can be a ton of rep thanks to the rares.
Mechagon seems to have more stuff, too. You get to work on two mounts as soon as you get there, and you can make all sorts of stuff that's just, well, fun. I generally don't like the mechanical bits of WoW at all, but here they're so damn easy to make and acquire that it's hard to find fault with them. I don't do much of anything in Nazjatar anymore since everything there is such a chore by comparison.

TheGrog

Validated User
Mechagon seems to have more stuff, too. You get to work on two mounts as soon as you get there, and you can make all sorts of stuff that's just, well, fun. I generally don't like the mechanical bits of WoW at all, but here they're so damn easy to make and acquire that it's hard to find fault with them. I don't do much of anything in Nazjatar anymore since everything there is such a chore by comparison.
Things got a bit better as I learned the zone, and when the dps bodyguard got her second ability at which point she was doing a fair amount of damage and stunning things for 6 seconds. It's a pretty zone once you get flying, but the trip there wasn't all that fun.

The inventory clog is real, though. It feels like I get more garbage in my inventory in one round of dailies than in entire levels back on BfA release.

Kurotowa

Weird Science Nut
Validated User
The Eternal Palace is really, really easy.
It does seem a bit easier than Dazar'alor. BSC took our first stab at Normal last night and one-shot our way through four bosses. We'll see if that holds true when we upgrade to Heroic in a few weeks. (I didn't get to go myself, but reports are the real challenge is in Operation: Mechagon mega-dungeon.)

TheGrog

Validated User
We cleared the first 6 with two, maybe three, wipes on heroic and all on the same 2 bosses. At least half the raid hadn't done normal before. We are a Mythic guild, but none of the raid tiers since before Antorus went that fast. We're going back tonight, so we'll see how the last 2 are.

Top Bottom