• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

TaliaKirana

Validated User
Preliminary 8.2.5 patch notes posted!
So, PTR server should be up sometime this week. Makes sense that they want to get the ball rolling on testing this patch before Classic launches. It loudly proclaims the Goblin/Worgen updates are officially on the way. We get another glimpse at the 15th anniversary event coming in November, the revamped Recruit-a-Friend, and some changes to dungeon queuing.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Female worgen don't look like hot garbage anymore. Otherwise the models don't look that drastically different - helped by the fact that, prior to the last big model update, worgen and goblins were the most up-to-date models. But it'll be nice having presumably more expressive worgen faces.

TaliaKirana

Validated User
I can't wait till they actually get the PTR up, so I can copy my rogue over and see what she's going to look like.

Abulia

Kushiel's Scion
Validated User
Not to derail things, but I used to play in BSC/P&W a few years ago and I'm getting a serious tug to return with WoW Classic. I didn't see any threads on the topic, but any plans for a Classic RPG.net guild?

Kurotowa

Weird Science Nut
Validated User
Not to derail things, but I used to play in BSC/P&W a few years ago and I'm getting a serious tug to return with WoW Classic. I didn't see any threads on the topic, but any plans for a Classic RPG.net guild?
As the guildmaster for BSC my stance is that I've got my hands full with the actual BSC, I've got no time to be trying to run a Classic guild on the side. Also while there's some interest from currently active BSC players in Classic, it doesn't seem to be enough to support a whole guild, and definitely not one with any interest in raiding. Heck, even in Vanilla BSC had to be in a four-way raid alliance to get the numbers to raid Molten Core.

Now, if other RPGnet players want to band together and form an RPGnet branded Classic guild, I'll be happy to direct people to them as needed. If instead they find a collective home in a friendly guild that's willing to extend an open invite to other RPGnet players, I'll do the same. But AFAIK there aren't sufficient numbers to support a Classic branch of BSC at the moment.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Yeah. I mean, assuming I'm still subbed/playing WoW when it rolls out, I might give it a look. But honestly, my experience is that if I did not play an old game when it was relatively new, I do not enjoy it when I give it a go years after it has been released and there's been numerous quality of life improvements in gaming in general (and in this case, in the very same game that I only started playing about six or so years ago).

verdantgreen

Fifty-One
Validated User
I would love to be part of an RPGnet guild on Classic since I joined Blacksky two months after launch and it is part of the Classic experience for me. I won't be playing hardcore though - Classic will be a slow burn relaxed pace experience for me.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
Does anyone know if Classic will let us kite the various monsters to the capitals? That was the high point of my week back in the day, watching the Doomlord go Godzilla on Stormwind.

davidb

Synthesis Paragon
I haven't been on RPG.net in a good many years now, but circa 2005-2010 i was here daily for BlackSky / Warcraft news back in the day.

In support of Kurotawa's point, I think its unfair to expect the guild masters of P&W and BSC to do anything additional for Classic at this point. I'm less enthused with WoW's direction over the years, but will be revisiting Classic as Blizzard appears committed to an authentic experience ...and its been a decade since pre-cataclysm content has been available.

Two suggestions:

- realm names have been declared, and there's only ONE PVE-RP realm -- Bloodsail Buccaneers. I'd suggest RPG.net members try to roll their characters there, in case a friendly guild is identified.
- my intent is to find a guild of mature players with relaxed participation requirements. if i find something that i feel is in keeping with the tradition of P&W and BSC, I'll share it here.

sagaston

Guy Who Makes Things
Validated User
I'm not active in WoW anymore, but as the original guild founder of P&W I completely endorse someone making a Classic P&W guild. I'll probably poke my head in one day if you do.

Top Bottom