• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

chrisinpm

Validated User
- realm names have been declared, and there's only ONE PVE-RP realm -- Bloodsail Buccaneers. I'd suggest RPG.net members try to roll their characters there, in case a friendly guild is identified.
Bad news. I just logged into Classic to roll a character and I'm guessing they are only opening one type of realm at a time and letting it populate until it is full. There are only three realms in Americas - Blaumeaux (RPPVP), Barov (Normal, which I guess is non-PvP, non-RP), and Stalagg (PVP).

Oceanic has it even worse - only Swamp of Sorrows (Normal).

Given that I assume you can't cross-server instance in Classic, that's already going to make me playing this problematic.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Bad news. I just logged into Classic to roll a character and I'm guessing they are only opening one type of realm at a time and letting it populate until it is full. There are only three realms in Americas - Blaumeaux (RPPVP), Barov (Normal, which I guess is non-PvP, non-RP), and Stalagg (PVP).

Oceanic has it even worse - only Swamp of Sorrows (Normal).

Given that I assume you can't cross-server instance in Classic, that's already going to make me playing this problematic.
Those are the servers for the pre-launch stress test. The full NA server list for Classic can be found here.

chrisinpm

Validated User
Lysus Lysus I'm confused. How can I reserve a name and generate a character on a server when they're not listed yet? You choose a server and then roll the toon, not the other way around.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
Lysus Lysus I'm confused. How can I reserve a name and generate a character on a server when they're not listed yet? You choose a server and then roll the toon, not the other way around.
My understanding would be that you can create the character as normal, but the game won't let you log in. That's at best a guess, though.

chrisinpm

Validated User
My understanding would be that you can create the character as normal, but the game won't let you log in. That's at best a guess, though.
Oh. Like maybe when the stress test is over the character is still there but needs to be reassigned to a new server?

I guess I'll just roll one as a placeholder. Worst case is that I have to make another one when the new servers go live. Thanks!

Doomreaver

Validated User
Reserving character names on WoW Classic starts at 3 PM Pacific time on August 12th. Today is only August 11th, so reserving names for Classic isn't available yet.

verdantgreen

Fifty-One
Validated User
- realm names have been declared, and there's only ONE PVE-RP realm -- Bloodsail Buccaneers. I'd suggest RPG.net members try to roll their characters there, in case a friendly guild is identified.
This sounds good. I'll roll on Bloodsail and hope to see some friendly folks on the RPGnet chat channel.

chrisinpm

Validated User
I made a female gnome warrior with pink pigtails. I named her Pinkie.

God, I feel dirty. :)

Edit: on the RP server Bloodsail Buccaneers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom