• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WoW] Post Legion expansion Speculation/Rumors/Spoilers - "Battle for Azeroth"

Vault Dweller

Bard of Hope
Validated User
So, I'm guessing we're meant to infer that after Archimonde was defeated the Horde, Alliance and groups like the Steamwheedle Cartel pulled up stakes and dismantled all their settlements, garrisons and infrastructure, closed down their portals, and abandoned links to Draenor at some point in the last couple of (Azeroth) years?

Kremlin KOA

Sarcastic Cripple
Validated User
So, I'm guessing we're meant to infer that after Archimonde was defeated the Horde, Alliance and groups like the Steamwheedle Cartel pulled up stakes and dismantled all their settlements, garrisons and infrastructure, closed down their portals, and abandoned links to Draenor at some point in the last couple of (Azeroth) years?
Well 30 years passed for AU Draenor during those 2 Azeroth years
Thus what might seem a small delay in sending through new supplies (due to fighting the Legion) would result in an abandoned Garrison on their end.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
You know, am I alone in thinking htat I'd be perfectly happy if blizz ever had an expansion that just focused on Draenor or Outland from the native perspective that pretty much ignored all the stuff going on in Azeroth?

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
The connection between worlds broke down. The start of the scenario is trying to open the connection and getting it wrong (same world but 30 years later)

TaliaKirana

Validated User
I'm actually pretty upset about this. I liked Yrel. I wanted to see her again, but not like this. Why, why did Blizz decide to turn her into some kind of intolerant zealot? I'm hoping this is some kind of renegade group, who's lying about Yrel supporting their tactics. Or they're lying to Yrel about what they're really doing. Wait, if AU!Garrosh is leading it... Perhaps he's actually responsible for these horrible things?
And certain people proclaiming how all the Alliance would support what the Lightbound are doing? No. Our Draenei would be horrified. Probably lots of others would be too. The Alliance turned on the Scarlet Crusade for going this route of extreme fanaticism.

JustJo

Mother Knows Best
Staff member
RPGnet Member
The connection between worlds broke down. The start of the scenario is trying to open the connection and getting it wrong (same world but 30 years later)
That's kind of cool. AU Draenor is monstrously complex anyway but if it's going to exist, why not do cool time travel shenanigans with it? And I think it's good to differentiate the Lightforged from regular Draenei. Would make sense for them to be more fanatical about the light.

(Not sure if we'd expect AU Draenor to be better or worse than Draenor prime, given that it doesn't have us on it fulltime.)

Last edited:

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
Given the general history of Draenor, it makes sense to me that in a scenario where the orcs don't wipe out the draenei, the draenei wipe them out instead.

-Naxuul

Icarium

Validated User
Let's be honest.

Draenei are among the most, most, MOST zealoty people in the universe. It's kinda funny how they have a major tendency to fall, and fall hard. Just, up to this point, it's been Shadow/Void, or Legion, or what have you instead of the Light. It's almost a joke by now that if you have Draenei, one of their factions is gonna go evil, it happens pretty much every expansion where they are part of it.

So the idea does not bother me. At all.

What does, however, is having Yrel be part of it. She's a rare, strong female character. If there were more of them who were actually strong characters and not cliches, I'd be fine with it. But there aren't, and that's ... a problem.

Azaael

Have you the strength?
Validated User
It's not surprising they end up zealot-y, after Xe'ra showed just how nasty it can be(and it's nothing new, as said-the Scarlet Crusade has been doing this since 2004 with the whole super-zealoty crusader business), and the Draenei are all about the windchimes. I guess this Alt-Draenor has all the windchimes basically Xe'ra like.

And I guess with Yrel it was a case of she was leading the Draenei, and they didn't just want a splinter faction of the Draenei doing it. How they could have done it though would have been the Draenei maybe turn on her for not being a big enough zealot and she escapes back to Azeroth or something like 'Yo the Draenei there all went nuts with crusader-isms.'

Sad part is I reckon Blizz-who have improved a LOT Over the years FWIW with its inclusion, especially looking at stuff like Overwatch and so on-actually thinks being bad doesn't detract from the strength of a character saying 'Well you can be a strong character and a villain too, right?'

Top Bottom