Wrath and Glory [merged]

SibKhatru

Validated User
Games can be play-tested but perfection is the enemy of publication; and, in some ways, a game is never "done" and must meet the "friction" that is the live "playing" that tests out everything for hundreds if not thousands of gamers pushing stuff in directions no amount of in-house or blind testing could ever catch.

Neaden

Validated User
That's true, but as someone who has Wrath and Glory I will attest that the game needed another editing pass. The Eratta is one thing, but the layout, unclear examples, and rules contradictions make the game hard to read and learn.

J.T.

Validated User
Ordered my copy yesterday will be picking it up today from my local game shop :)

Looking forward to it errors and everything I've never bought a game that's not got them so not too concerned

harlokin

Sinister Henchman
Validated User
The curmugeon in me is increasingly fed up of new games that put great emphasis on lovely production values, but seemingly leave editing as an afterthought. I guess it's the former that grabs all the attention (and sales), and if the latter makes the game a chore to play, who cares; after all how many RPGs purchased are actually played, let alone re-reviewed?

As a big 40K fan, I think I'll pass on W&G for now.

Zehnseiter

Validated User
That's true, but as someone who has Wrath and Glory I will attest that the game needed another editing pass. The Eratta is one thing, but the layout, unclear examples, and rules contradictions make the game hard to read and learn.
Fair enough. I have no problems so far but then I am reading the german edition and they have changed stuff in the layout there based on feedback of the english edition so I argue from kind of a luxury position. :)

SibKhatru

Validated User
D6 pool. Roll pool of stat + skill and each 1-3 is fail, each 4-5 is 1 success, each 6 is teo successes. More bolted on but it’s the essence.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
OK, so everything on the cards is in the book? So I wouldn't be buying anything extra?
With the exception of the Campaign Cards (which are optional, but not duplicated in the book), the card decks don't give you anything not contained in the books.

I have found them useful in practice (I got the all-in preorder), but in the same sort of way as spell cards in D&D - an extra reference so you spend less time flicking through the book for things.
What are the game mechanics for W&G?
There was actually a short webcomic made to explain basic play.

J.T.

Validated User
Quick question has anyone bought the campaign and adventure supplements what are they like? Are they any good?

Top Bottom