Wrath and Glory [merged]

Zehnseiter

Validated User
You don't think that the rules being different depending on which version you have of the corebook is an issue?

I find that very peculiar. Surely the developers couldn't have intended both to be correct.
The packages are not a rule themselves. They are basically only pre build examples you can use for faster character generation.
As long as the build cost are the same in the German and the English book there aren't really any rule changes.

Do the point costs for buying attributes normally match these costs as they do in my book?
Here are the German ones ( I use the row with the cumulated costs)
1/0, 2/4, 3/10, 4/18, 5/33, 6/51, 7/72, 8/104, 9/140, 10/180, 11/235, 12/307

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
The book was written in English first. That means the German version must have been made later, and could conceivably include errata and other quality-of-life updates.

Zehnseiter

Validated User
The book was written in English first. That means the German version must have been made later, and could conceivably include errata and other quality-of-life updates.
Ulisses metioned on their german youtube blog that it has the errata, and some layout and art changes and a page increase. (The last has probaly to do with geramn being longer written then English)

By the way that happens quite often in german rpg translations. The german version of Barbarians of Lemuria for example plays in an entirely different league when it comes to art then the English original. But sometimes it can backfire as well because nothing prevents the translators from making fresh new errors while translating that need their own errata (Some Shadowrun editions where infamous for that)....:eek:

Last edited:

LCDR Seamonkey

Urban Monkey Warfare
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You don't think that the rules being different depending on which version you have of the corebook is an issue?

I find that very peculiar. Surely the developers couldn't have intended both to be correct.

Do the point costs for buying attributes normally match these costs as they do in my book?
The math on the German packages Zehnseiter posted all works out. They're just all smaller bundles than in the English copy. Both versions are fully compatible with the rest of the rules. Again, the pre-buy packages are basically just the book doing some math for you, there is no reason that you couldn't use either version's packages to make your character, the math would work out the same.

Professor Polyhedral

Banned
Validated User
Ulisses metioned on their german youtube blog that it has the errata, and some layout and art changes and a page increase. (The last has probaly to do with geramn being longer written then English)

By the way that happens quite often in german rpg translations. The german version of Barbarians of Lemuria for example plays in an entirely different league when it comes to art then the English original. But sometimes it can backfire as well because nothing prevents the translators from making fresh new errors while translating that need their own errata (Some Shadowrun editions where infamous for that)....:eek:
This isn't covered in the errata thus far.

Zehnseiter

Validated User
This isn't covered in the errata thus far.
The might wait till the second print English run for that. Or perhaps when the do a FAQ for the game given that it is just a changed package and not a an actual Errata.
Also they might wait what stuff the German audience reports back to include that in the English errata as well.

LCDR Seamonkey

Urban Monkey Warfare
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I seem to be the only one that thinks this an issue.
Maybe you could be more specific about which aspect of this is most troubling to you? I think that most of us are coming from a place where the packages are not really integral to the rules, more akin to "gameplay examples", so differences between the two versions are not that big of a deal as long the math for both versions is correct (which it is with the exceptions from the english version mentioned in the errata already).

Professor Polyhedral

Banned
Validated User
Maybe you could be more specific about which aspect of this is most troubling to you? I think that most of us are coming from a place where the packages are not really integral to the rules, more akin to "gameplay examples", so differences between the two versions are not that big of a deal as long the math for both versions is correct (which it is with the exceptions from the english version mentioned in the errata already).
Well I guess that's it. The point system, as written, clearly doesn't work. So if you're ok working around that then fine. I personally have a hard time processing rules errors, and I knew the book had some going in. So I will just have to fudge the rules, which is something I don't like doing. It just makes me feel as if buying rulebooks is redundant in that case.

That's just how I feel. I would be very interested to know what the devs think, if at all possible. Maybe there is errata forthcoming. But I have never been comfortable with having to handwave something like this.

LCDR Seamonkey

Urban Monkey Warfare
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think we're all really confused by what you mean by "clearly doesn't work". If you are playing a tier 2 character, for attributes you can take three attributes at a 4 and four attributes at a 3 and pay 94 points like the english book says. Or you can take two at 4, two at 3, and three at 2 for 68 points like the german book says. Or you can come up with your own spread entirely and pay for each individually. All three options are equally valid and don't actually contradict each other. There's no handwaving required.

Top Bottom