[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Sark

Validated User
Unfortunately Pluto TV is effectively US-only. You can get around it but that's more effort than I can be bothered with right now.

The chat can be highly variable. I've seen good conversations and I've walked right into the middle of people explaining how Benoit totally wasn't a murderer.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
I missed that conversation lol. A few nights ago I was in there during a best of the X Division stream and had a great talk about Mid South Wrestling.

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Unfortunately Pluto TV is effectively US-only. You can get around it but that's more effort than I can be bothered with right now.

The chat can be highly variable. I've seen good conversations and I've walked right into the middle of people explaining how Benoit totally wasn't a murderer.
Was it because Kevin Sullivan killed Benoit and his family and framed Benoit, or just because Benoit was obviously forced to defend himself from an abusive wife? Because I've seen both, and both are horrible.

Sark

Validated User
Was it because Kevin Sullivan killed Benoit and his family and framed Benoit, or just because Benoit was obviously forced to defend himself from an abusive wife? Because I've seen both, and both are horrible.
The former

I've never seen the latter in the wild before. I'm not surprised at its existence though. There's a reason I always wanted to work heel when I was trying to break in.

ajdynon

Validated User
That's... really difficult to say. None of them (but especially Bayley) were really 'the unpolished version of what you get now' when they debuted. All of them had to 'get there' on a lower level first.
Well, I've seen some of Lynch and Bayley as Rebecca Knox and Davina Rose, respectively, in SHIMMER, so I know a little bit about their early work. What episodes did they debut in? Or would the episode after Charlotte beat Natalya for the title be a good starting point?

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
Earlier this week an NES review cartridge (meaning the game was just about done and being submitted for approval) was discovered for an unreleased wrestling game called UWC. Its from that odd period after Turner had bought Jim Crockett Promotions, but before "WCW" had replaced "NWA" as the organizations primary name.

Interestingly, not only was UWC unreleased, it was also unannounced, so this week is the first time people not involved in development or testing have ever heard of it. Here's some footage.

Here is a still of the character select screen:

Animal, Hawk, Sting, and Flair are obvious. The footage lets us confirm Jimmy Garvin, Bobby Eaton, and Barry Windham. That leaves the guy between Eaton and Flair. Frankly, the NES visuals look like Luger to me, but that's Stan Lane's grin and it wouldn't make much sense to have Eaton without him.

Godder

Remington Steele
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I've seen some of Lynch and Bayley as Rebecca Knox and Davina Rose, respectively, in SHIMMER, so I know a little bit about their early work. What episodes did they debut in? Or would the episode after Charlotte beat Natalya for the title be a good starting point?
Not sure about Becky Lynch, but Bayley debuted on NXT 161.

Top Bottom