[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User
Assuming Dean is really leaving and really not coming back, and that WWE wants to wring one last hurrah out of The Shield, why not pit them against the actual most dominant six man team of the decade? The Shield vs The New Day. I think that would be a pretty easy Wrestlemania main event to sell.

Oh, and make it an Iron Man match.

ViciousFish

Validated User
The WWE announced that Yusuke "Wally" Yamaguchi, who Attitude-era fans will know as Yamaguchi-San, has passed away at the age of 60. No cause of death mentioned.

Its unfortunate, but at least Val Venis can finally sleep soundly at night.
Someone who knew him posted on Twitter yesterday. He had been in bad health for quite a while. He had a stroke last year (and judging by their translation attempt) had been bed ridden ever since.

ViciousFish

Validated User
Assuming Dean is really leaving and really not coming back, and that WWE wants to wring one last hurrah out of The Shield, why not pit them against the actual most dominant six man team of the decade? The Shield vs The New Day. I think that would be a pretty easy Wrestlemania main event to sell.

Oh, and make it an Iron Man match.
Yeah that’s fine and all, but it’s not Kofi wrestling for the championship so no.

Besides. We have
Spoiler: Show
Roman vs Corbin
to look forward to at Mania.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, that thing that just happened to Kofi? That was utter bullshit.

(also, hoping for a Miz and Mizdad vrs Shane and Vince match after the shit Shane pulled tonight.

ViciousFish

Validated User
Barring the Kofi match, until they added Ali to the title match, it felt like a normal PPV. Then the addition of Ali felt Russo, change for change sake, then Becky/Charlotte match felt like really bad Russo.

I’d say wasting Roman’s return in a PPV the month before Mania would be a WCW move but this is their only chance for a Shield reunion.

Thomas Ufnal Crowlake

Validated User
I only watched the Kickoff, but I just wanna say I loved how they went out of their way to build up the credibility of everybody in this match. Maybe that's because I'm still a relative newbie, but all those little things are still so much fun for me, and as I am a fan of all four men in this match, I really appreciated that each of them got to look dangerous (even Nakamura who got a bit chumped later showed some dangerous counters against E and his knees are still treated as a deadly weapon) and both teams looked like potential tag title contenders.

Top Bottom