[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

ViciousFish

Validated User
I’m getting really tired of every babyface needing to conquer more and more ridiculous odds. Kofi’s awesome, his opponents next week are all decent to awesome, the match will probably be great but Kofi having to beat 7 guys in a gauntlet match to go to WrestleMania after all the ridiculousness of the Becky storyline, it’s just too much.

Chickenshit heel Daniel Bryan telling Vince to call Kofi a B+ player was great though.

Balac

Validated User
In positive news DDT (who has always been good at listening to fan feedback) announced yesterday they are redoing the multi-tier structure of their streaming service / fan club down to just free tier and paid tier. Along with being simpler the 'get everything' tier is now about $8 a month plus loyalty perks for long term subscribers. Admirably most of those perks are only useful for those in Japan but if you are stuff like free live show tickets are pretty nice.

If your not a DDT / TJPW fan this probably won't convert you but as someone who is it's nice to see a promotion that listens to it's fanbase.

rossb

Validated User
I've got a ticket for Kris Wolf's retirement show in London, and the promotion organising it Eve just put up a tweet with a picture of Act Yasukawa.

It looks to me like they're hinting at something, it would kind of make sense given their relationship that it might be at Kris Wolf's retirement show, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. (Given her injuries I doubt she'd wrestle beyond maybe doing a spot or two with Kris, but she's someone I'd really love to see in person, I found her really entertaining as both a manager and a wrestler)

Balac

Validated User
Wrestlers have returned from career ending injuries before, given what happened to Act it's unlikely but damn it would be awesome if she could return to the ring.

ajdynon

Validated User
Super Eyepatch Wolf (who mainly does anime videos) has a video up on The Undertaker that I really recommend people give a watch:

theonlynolan

Lend me some sugar
Validated User
Super Eyepatch Wolf (who mainly does anime videos) has a video up on The Undertaker that I really recommend people give a watch:

Thanks for posting that. I'm currently writing a pro wrestling LARP, and was thinking I was putting too much time and effort into stuff most of the players won't ever see or care about, and this was a good reminder why I'm doing it anyway.

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Here’s a fun pub trivia question; what year did Brock Lesnar last wrestle a match on Monday Night Raw, and for bonus points who was his opponent?

Spoiler: Show
2002, against Tommy Dreamer.

Last edited:

ajdynon

Validated User
In the Undertaker video I linked yesterday, Super Eyepatch Wolf mentioned how Taker seemed to always be willing to help younger wrestlers get over. With all the stories about wrestlers holding younger guys down, who else was notable for being willing to raise them up?

I can remember how, on the "Rise and Fall of ECW" DVD, Paul Heyman talked about how willing Terry Funk was to help make other wrestlers, to the point where he says there wouldn't have been an ECW without him.

Top Bottom