[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
The NetherRealm guys recently announced the return of the character Noob Saibot for the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11. Am I crazy or does he sound like Ole Anderson doing the Black Scorpion (heh)/Shockmaster voice?

Sark

Validated User
He does, but an awful lot of people do - have someone try to do a growly voice and run it through the usual filters, you'll get something that sounds more or less like that.

Of course it is MK, so for all we know it's deliberate.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The NetherRealm guys recently announced the return of the character Noob Saibot for the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11. Am I crazy or does he sound like Ole Anderson doing the Black Scorpion (heh)/Shockmaster voice?
Why not listen for yourself?

(Any excuse to post hilariously goofy Black Scorpion stuff.)

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There was been another tragic loss in the constant war the WWE have been waging against the concept of people having full names. Joining (Alexander) Rusev, Big E (Langston), (Erik) Rowan, and (Luke) Harper, meet (Mustafa) Ali!

Yup, just Ali.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
There was been another tragic loss in the constant war the WWE have been waging against the concept of people having full names. Joining (Alexander) Rusev, Big E (Langston), (Erik) Rowan, and (Luke) Harper, meet (Mustafa) Ali!

Yup, just Ali.
Don't forget (Adrian) Neville and (Antonio) Cesaro.

And ugh. It's so rarely been a good idea... of the above, I think Rusev is the only one who really needed it.

Schleiermacher

Validated User
Cesaro's full name is still used on occasion though?

On the other hand, I thought Neville was, er, Neville's first name, so clearly the damage is being done in general.

Last edited:

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I swear, I still want somebody to pop up who keeps *adding* names. Like, anytime anyone else loses one, he adds it to his own. See how long he can get that chyron.

Terrence Marks

heady aside in a dell
Validated User
Don't forget (Adrian) Neville and (Antonio) Cesaro.

And ugh. It's so rarely been a good idea... of the above, I think Rusev is the only one who really needed it.
I think that Viktor and Konnor are more on-brand for The Ascension than Rick Victor and Connor O'Brien were. But yeah, hopefully like Apollo Crews, Mustafa Ali will get his second name back quickly.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
I think that Viktor and Konnor are more on-brand for The Ascension than Rick Victor and Connor O'Brien were. But yeah, hopefully like Apollo Crews, Mustafa Ali will get his second name back quickly.
When you're also doing stuff like fucking with the way it's written, you're basically changing gimmick anyhow. (And initial NXT Ascension and the Konnor/Viktor pairing were very different, what with initial NXT Ascension talking their shit about the future of mankind and all.)

Top Bottom