• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Balac

Validated User
Watched Asuka's match on Smackdown. That was a mistake.
Back to sticking with NXT and joshi for my wrestling fix.

Think I'll watch the new Misaki Ohata DVD that Wave just released to feel better.

ViciousFish

Validated User
Asuka’s first title reign was a sad, sad thing but it came at the wrong time. Her title reign is a casualty of The Man. It sucks, it sucks for the 4 women who lost their title match at WrestleMania and worst of all Charlotte doesn’t really need the belt. They just want to end WrestleMania with Charlotte and Becky squaring off, holding their belts.

Balac

Validated User
I'd argue it sucks for both Charlotte and Becky as well or it will soon enough. They are pushing this so hard fans will inevitably turn on them, not for anything they did but because WWE has some very weird ideas about how to push someone.

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd argue it sucks for both Charlotte and Becky as well or it will soon enough. They are pushing this so hard fans will inevitably turn on them, not for anything they did but because WWE has some very weird ideas about how to push someone.
The angle will last until Wrestlemania, which is the important thing. And as much as I'd have preferred Asuka to keep her belt and have an actual good reign with it, the problem with Becky being the hottest shit in the company is that the women's division revolves around her now. Charlotte and Ronda matter. No one else matter right now. The only exception are the few who managed to work their way into the tag scene instead.

I mean, Naomi won her feud against Mandy (apparently) and was rewarded by disappearing. Mandy, for her part, already got and lost her title shot. Alexa doesn't seem to be a wrestler any more. Mickie James is either hurt or lost. Carmella is now R-Truth's dancing buddy. Anyone who possible could be Asuka's opponent for Wrestlemania is already busy.

The rest of the show though was pretty good. Although Sanity reappearing after months of being invisible as Shane's stooges just lose a ten on one fight against The Miz, of all people. Also, where did Shane find one of the Colons? The tag gauntlet was amazing, and The Uso's forfeit was more storyline than WWE usually give anyone. One more week for them to try and screw Kofi in some way I guess.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
I kinda wonder if this won't lead to both women's titles being unified onto one in WM, and the women's divisions being split off into their own show (with a midcard title being created specifically for it). This would allow for the women to have 2 hours of TV each week all to themselves and will make it easier to build a more cohesive tag division.

Giel M

Cheers!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I can't see them creating an entire new show for the women's division. Apart from sounding something that'd be hard to sell Vince on, it'd be really hard to fill all the hours on Raw and Smackdown without women's wrestling and women's wrestling storylines.

I'm hoping they finally do what they should've done when they first split the brands again. Move all the tag teams to Smackdown, all the women to Raw. Gives the tag division a ready-made story of either "Who will unify the belts?" or "Whose belt is the best, and whose is the new midcard title?" And gets decent-sizedwomen's and tag divisions.

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm going with both titles being on the line at Wrestlemania, and Becky pinning Ronda for the Raw Title. Then we can close Wrestlemania with Becky, Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha all holding a belt in the ring. It's a Wrestlemania Moment!

ViciousFish

Validated User
The angle will last until Wrestlemania, which is the important thing. And as much as I'd have preferred Asuka to keep her belt and have an actual good reign with it, the problem with Becky being the hottest shit in the company is that the women's division revolves around her now. Charlotte and Ronda matter. No one else matter right now. The only exception are the few who managed to work their way into the tag scene instead.

I mean, Naomi won her feud against Mandy (apparently) and was rewarded by disappearing. Mandy, for her part, already got and lost her title shot. Alexa doesn't seem to be a wrestler any more. Mickie James is either hurt or lost. Carmella is now R-Truth's dancing buddy. Anyone who possible could be Asuka's opponent for Wrestlemania is already busy.

The rest of the show though was pretty good. Although Sanity reappearing after months of being invisible as Shane's stooges just lose a ten on one fight against The Miz, of all people. Also, where did Shane find one of the Colons? The tag gauntlet was amazing, and The Uso's forfeit was more storyline than WWE usually give anyone. One more week for them to try and screw Kofi in some way I guess.
If Shane didn’t say what he said, I wouldn’t have bought Miz fighting like that. But making Miz that mad made it work in a wrestling sense. But babyface Miz still is and always will be weird.

The Uso’s forfeiting was awesome. A surprisingly good piece of booking.

Top Bottom