• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
I adore that typo and may use it to refer to Vince and Dunn as a collective.
I won’t get into the roster moves until tomorrow, but why the tap dancing fuck has Vince renamed the War Raiders (who were ALREADY renamed from War Machine!)? The Viking Experience sounds like a fucking roller coaster at Universal Studios, not a tag team!
Yeah, that name is not going to help them at all.

Thomas Ufnal Crowlake

Validated User
Aiden English looks so good in Worlds Collide highlights, and a completely different style than when I adored the Vaudevillains (that is, even before their heel turn)

Godder

Remington Steele
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Boss n Hug Connection lost the women's tag titles at Wrestlemania, and this week on Raw, Bayley and A. N. Other squashed the new chumps in 2 minutes...

I love Bayley, but that doesn't look like a decision that would legitimize the new title...

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Boss n Hug Connection lost the women's tag titles at Wrestlemania, and this week on Raw, Bayley and A. N. Other squashed the new chumps in 2 minutes...

I love Bayley, but that doesn't look like a decision that would legitimize the new title...
So far the IIconics and 1 from 4 since Wrestlemania, and their 1 was against a jobber team they brought in to beat.

ViciousFish

Validated User
It’s what the Women’s Tag Champs do. Bayley and Sasha lost all the time except for a couple wins over Nia and Tamina.

The Viking Experience is the worst name change since Oney Lorcan. I’m going out on a limb and assuming the name change is because they didn’t want the word war focused on so heavily, but there’s other options. What’s wrong with just The Vikings? The Viking Experience sounds like a Norwegian black metal star got super into LSD and pot and made a concept album.

Thomas Ufnal Crowlake

Validated User
The Viking Experience is the worst name change since Oney Lorcan. I’m going out on a limb and assuming the name change is because they didn’t want the word war focused on so heavily, but there’s other options. What’s wrong with just The Vikings? The Viking Experience sounds like a Norwegian black metal star got super into LSD and pot and made a concept album.
But, but this way the commentators can shout "they are giving him the experience!!!" when they stomp somebody and it's apparently funny!

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
I assume someone didn't want the word "War" used on the main show, and just calling them the Raiders would have probably had the NFL making noises. Same with just calling them the Vikings.

Terrence Marks

heady aside in a dell
Validated User
What do you do with an overcrowded roster, exacerbated by the fact that you just called up a bunch of dudes, ignored them, then called up some more dudes a few weeks after that, then ignored everyone else? Call up more dudes!

I won’t get into the roster moves until tomorrow, but why the tap dancing fuck has Vince renamed the War Raiders (who were ALREADY renamed from War Machine!)? The Viking Experience sounds like a fucking roller coaster at Universal Studios, not a tag team!
Y'know, between War Machine (the Marvel character) and War Machine (the MMA fighter who tried to beat his girlfriend to death), I understand why they renamed them the first time. But "War Raiders" sounds like they're inspired by Vikings. "The Viking Experience" sounds like they're inspired by imitation vikings. It sounds like a "historical" dinner show that you only go to because it's $8 cheaper than Medieval Times.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It’s what the Women’s Tag Champs do. Bayley and Sasha lost all the time except for a couple wins over Nia and Tamina.

Can't copyright just "Vikings" but, "The Viking Experience" you sure can! Gotta make that money, yo.

But they could use a new video intro...

Top Bottom