• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Mild Super Showdown spoiler:
Spoiler: Show

Did Goldberg just blade? What the heck happened with the end? I am not sure it was supposed to end like that.
Spoiler: Show
Goldberg concussed himself during the spear into the turnbuckle spot, as he hit it with his head instead of his shoulder. He didn't blade, that was hardway. This explains all the botches after that, like Taker spiking him (if you see it in slow motion, you see how taker has him high enough but Goldberg lets go of his arms, dropping further down than he should) and the botched jackhammer/shoot brainbuster. They ended up calling an audible, and since Goldberg was out, a chokeslam was the best they could manage.

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The best thing I can say about that main event is Undertaker looked like he finally realised he can’t do it anymore.

Also the hell was with Shane dominating like that? It’s genuinely starting to look like whatever Saudi Prince is bankrolling this is also actually doing the booking, because none of that made sense.

Thomas Ufnal Crowlake

Validated User
Random question: did Brock ever fight Cesaro? I just watched a highlight reel of Cesaro's strength and I'd really love to see those two trading German surplexes or the Beast getting superplexed. :D

@robowieland

Follow me on Twitter!
Validated User
The best thing I can say about that main event is Undertaker looked like he finally realised he can’t do it anymore.

Also the hell was with Shane dominating like that? It’s genuinely starting to look like whatever Saudi Prince is bankrolling this is also actually doing the booking, because none of that made sense.
In the weird semi-alternate universe of the Saudi shows, Shane is a superman. He won the world's cup last year and I'm guessing this booking is supposed to reference that.

nifoc

Validated User
So, with the recent Saudi crapfest I feel like I can't be the only one wondering if someone (Vince?) att WWE is so out of touch, or maybe out of sync, with what actually makes for good wrestling or if someone is intentionally trying to tank WWE.

Sark

Validated User
So, with the recent Saudi crapfest I feel like I can't be the only one wondering if someone (Vince?) att WWE is so out of touch, or maybe out of sync, with what actually makes for good wrestling or if someone is intentionally trying to tank WWE.
I think the Saudi shows can in general be written off as essentially televised house shows (really they're more like the sold shows of old, but those don't have a presence on the higher levels anymore). You might be buying the PPV or watching on the Network but you aren't the target audience. The target is the nostalgia-laden guys bankrolling the show and while the execution might've been off the booking ideas work fine in that context. They do pretty similar stuff with a lot of overseas house shows, they just generally don't televise them (stuff like Beast in the East or the previous Super Showdown notwithstanding).

The WWE has some serious issues overall but I don't think that event in particular represents part of them, aside from the simple fact it's a WWE product.

nifoc

Validated User
I think the Saudi shows can in general be written off as essentially televised house shows (really they're more like the sold shows of old, but those don't have a presence on the higher levels anymore). You might be buying the PPV or watching on the Network but you aren't the target audience. The target is the nostalgia-laden guys bankrolling the show and while the execution might've been off the booking ideas work fine in that context. They do pretty similar stuff with a lot of overseas house shows, they just generally don't televise them (stuff like Beast in the East or the previous Super Showdown notwithstanding).

The WWE has some serious issues overall but I don't think that event in particular represents part of them, aside from the simple fact it's a WWE product.
I disagree with most of that, just the fact that they have been selling the shit out of a few of the bigger matches on this card on RAW and Smackdown tells me this isn't really a house show, no matter how much they want to pretend otherwise when it turns out this bad. It's not the only bad show recently, other than their Takeovers, NXT and 205, which I generally enjoy, I can't remember the last time I saw a good card (maybe it was WM, though that was mostly down to a few really good matches and it was way to long to really enjoy). Most of that has to do with nonsensical storylines, of which half just fizzle out and endless, endless, rambling promos that don't lead anywhere.

ajdynon

Validated User
Just found out that NJPW is having two more shows in Australia at the end of the month. Have to find room in my budget to go to the Melbourne one.

Top Bottom