• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User

Declaring a match "unsanctioned" feels very old school. So this Saturday that's one officially Hardcore match and one that's "unsanctioned" and stripped of all rules.

Ugly Man

Shaman Theme Jet Wink
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I forget, was some of the really racist booking in SMW (like having New Jack win matches on 2.5 count because of Welfare) Cornette's idea or was that someone else?
If someone told me it was entirely New Jacks idea because he threatened to eat the ring if they didn’t it wouldn’t surprise me. New Jack was a genuine psychopath.

If I remember correctly (which is a rare occurrence), we’ve had Heyman in charge of Smackdown before and it gave us the Smackdown Six, Lesnar vs Guerrero, a golden goddamn time. And we’ve had Bischoff in charge of Raw before, which had him make out with Linda McMahon for literally no reason and the start of Triple H’s reign of terror. I’m really, really not sold on the idea.

Balac

Validated User
If it will get poor Asuka some damn screen time then bring on Heyman. Picked up some of her Japanese DVDs last trip and watching those it just hurts to think a woman as talented is her can't even get on TV. Now I just have to hope that AEW doesn't fuck up with Shida.

Sark

Validated User
I forget, was some of the really racist booking in SMW (like having New Jack win matches on 2.5 count because of Welfare) Cornette's idea or was that someone else?
I believe it was mostly Jim and New Jack, probably with the odd bit of input from anyone who felt like pitching an idea.

Not one of SMW's finest moments. There's a storyline you could use there, even one that does keep the Gangsta's as heels, but holy shit did they screw the pooch on every conceivable level.

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
It was a 2 count because of Affirmative Action. IIRC it was mostly Jim's idea, to rile up the Tennessee area crowd. If memory serves, New Jack, Mustafa, and D-Lo thought it was hilarious. If it tells you anything, the first time New Jack was supposed to cut a promo at SMW, Corny handed New Jack a mic and said "Go out there and say stuff to make white people angry." and New Jack said "Okay."

Also, we won't see Russo and Corny come in, if for no other reason then Russo legit has a restraining order on Jim. Seriously. You can buy a copy on Corny's website.

Godder

Remington Steele
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Supposedly HHH was offered Smackdown but turned it down. Makes sense given he runs 205 Live, NXT and NXT UK already.

Also supposedly, Russo and Cornette were both sounded out.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
WWE's live dates in Spain for november have been cancelled for scheduling conflicts. It's a bummer, considering that I was gonna take my nephew to see them live, but them's the breaks. There'll be other chances, I guess.

Thomas Ufnal Crowlake

Validated User
It was a 2 count because of Affirmative Action. IIRC it was mostly Jim's idea, to rile up the Tennessee area crowd. If memory serves, New Jack, Mustafa, and D-Lo thought it was hilarious. If it tells you anything, the first time New Jack was supposed to cut a promo at SMW, Corny handed New Jack a mic and said "Go out there and say stuff to make white people angry." and New Jack said "Okay."
To be fair, that does sound like a good instruction to get some cheap heat.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
IIRC, his first promo involved, "Yeah, I'm pissed at OJ. He only killed TWO white folks!" This was about a week after OJ's trial ended up in him walking.

The cheapest of heat but, boy, did it work.

Top Bottom