• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
The pre-show for Fyterfest is supposed to start at 7:30 Eastern, less than half an hour from now. There is a free and legal live stream here:

on AEW's youtube channel. The main show is also supposed to be free at Bleacher Report Live (for those in the US anyway. I've heard sources for non-US viewers are charging for the show but not much) but I've not been able to get the site to work.

Cailet

Validated User
Not sure about the librarian gimmick but I'm enjoying the commentators. Seriously not used to enjoying the commentary in a wrestling show so that alone has me sold.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
Now there's some good announcing. He didn't kick out because the finisher was weak, he just did some bullshit that meant he didn't take the full brunt.

Cailet

Validated User
The womens match is basically a showcase of how physically impressive Nyla Rose is and I am loving every minute of it. WWE? This is how you sell a heel as being strong.

Also, I love how they're complimenting the ref for how they are managing things and not being fazed by the crazy shit going on.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
The womens match is basically a showcase of how physically impressive Nyla Rose is and I am loving every minute of it. WWE? This is how you sell a heel as being strong.

Also, I love how they're complimenting the ref for how they are managing things and not being fazed by the crazy shit going on.
Nyla impressed me a lot more than at the prior show. I think she was more in her element in this match where she could play the monster heel tossing smaller women around like dolls instead of spending most of the match going head to head with a second monster.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think "A Rhodes comes out and bleeds all over everything" may be a recurring theme for AEW matches; that looked brutal. (the match before it was also damn good; great sell on that kid being dangerous)

Cailet

Validated User
I know I'm loving most of this but you know what I don't wanna see? Unprotected chairshots.

Also, I don't need to see a Rhodes family member's blood every show. Although I would laugh if they had a skit with one giving blood and the other needing it five minutes later.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
How did Moxley vs. Jenella wind up less bloody than Cody vs. Dustin? Cody and Dustin didn't have thumbtacks and barbed wire.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How did Moxley vs. Jenella wind up less bloody than Cody vs. Dustin? Cody and Dustin didn't have thumbtacks and barbed wire.
not sure, but that got unpleasant to watch around about the time the second barb-wire-board came out.

I mean, I've enjoyed hardcore matches before but that went... a bit beyond my comfort zone.

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
not sure, but that got unpleasant to watch around about the time the second barb-wire-board came out.

I mean, I've enjoyed hardcore matches before but that went... a bit beyond my comfort zone.
I think they explicitly intended that one to go past hardcore to full blown death match territory. Someone elsewhere said that they don't seem to want to be a death match promotion but don't mind being a promotion with the occasional death match.

Top Bottom