• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Normal chairshots can rattle the ol' brain, but they're totally safe on the skin.

The only thing that ever gets the juice flowing is the backrest. For some reason, those things will just gash a man. Just ask JBL...

rossb

Validated User
I went to Wrestlequeendom 2 in London on Sunday, it was a really good show, and great to see some of the women from Stardom. Particularly Mayu, who is my favourite wrestler.

My favourite match was Mayu Iwatani Vs Kagetsu, which wile it was definitely not the best match these two have had together, it finished in a time limit draw, it was possibly the best match I've seen live. Their chemistry is amazing, and the spots where they just dodge each others strikes are incredible. I was surprised how much heel heat Kagetsu had, while Mayu is the most babyfaced babyface who ever stepped into a ring, I was thinking that Kagetsu would get cheered too, as she just seems such a good fit with Eve's style. But aside from her entrance, all her usual spots drew massive boos. On the other hand it was fun seeing how much Mayu enjoyed the crowd singing her name, she was almost dancing along at points.

The saddest thing was Charlie Morgan announcing her retirement, the only other retirement I've seen was Kris Wolf's, but I think this one hit harder. While Kris was my favourite in Eve I had the sense while the concussions sped things up, she seemed like she was kind of ready to move on, with Charlie not so much. That the injury that caused it happened in her first US match when she seemed on the verge of breaking out makes it worse, and when I saw her, the promoters and other members of the roster in tears during her speech I kind of lost it as well.

In other matches, Yuu looked really good against Nightshade, and seeing Laura DiMatteo defeat Jordynne Grace was a real moment. Arisa Hoshiki's kicks look amazing in person. The threeway for the Eve International Title was probably the 2nd best match of the night, Jamie Hayter is probably the most charismatic person left in Eve, and her recent face turn has been a lot of fun, Utami is incredibly impressive given how long she's been wrestling, and Nina Samuels while not quite as good in the ring as the other two is just so amazingly hate-able. Viper Vs Kay Lee Rat in the main event was a lot of fun, it's kind of weird to think Eve will lose both now, but they were really good, and Rhia O'Reilly's heel turn at the end was a complete shock, I don't think anyone saw it coming.

On the negative side the Triple threat to award the tag titles, had a fun beginning and a good end, but felt kind of flat at points. I don't think the addition of a third team really helped, all the interest was in Medusa Complex (Charlie Evans & Millie McKenzie) Vs Wrestlefriends (Jetta & Erin Angel). Also I saw my first death match, and I could definitely live without seeing another if I'm honest.

Godder

Remington Steele
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My local indie federation (Southern Pro Wrestling) has a 3 episode TV deal here in New Zealand, so I watched it for the first time tonight, and discovered that they had Will Ospreay and Tenille Dashwood for the first episode! Two solid matches in 30 minutes, so I was thoroughly sports entertained.

Count_Zero

Game Master
Validated User
So, if you missed the original broadcast (stream?) of Fyter Festival, is there an archive somewhere it can be watched, or do we need to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray?

(Being that I was not able to watch it as they scheduled it opposite SGDQ).

redwulf25_ci

Clown Pope of Wushu
Validated User
So, if you missed the original broadcast (stream?) of Fyter Festival, is there an archive somewhere it can be watched, or do we need to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray?

(Being that I was not able to watch it as they scheduled it opposite SGDQ).
If you can get Bleacher Report Live to work right they might have it up for replay. The pre-show is still on youtube (legally, on the AEW's own youtube channel) here:

For some reason the link I posted earlier in the thread has an hour and thirteen minutes of dead air before the show starts but this should go straight to the beginning of the show.

Top Bottom