• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh yeah. Some of our close friends were talking about that the last time we visited. The wife in the couple isn't exactly stodgy about entertainment; she likes geek stuff, metal music, RPGs, the lot. She never understood the appeal of wrestling, though. Last year, though, they went to a live show at DragonCon, and she got it. Still doesn't care for it on TV, but she'll get to a live event in a heartbeat.

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wrestling Circus seems to have closed down - while, unsurprisingly, owning money & other promises to people.

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So here's the card for the show I'm attending Saturday:

Johnny Patch vs. Elijah Dean: haven't heard of either of these guys.

Man Scout Jake Manning vs. Bulk Nasty: Manning has been getting work all over the place with this gimmick for years, but I don't think I've seen him in person. Should be a decent brawl.

Inzanely Rude vs. Amazing Graysons: Never heard of either team. They look both Young and Buck-ish, across the board. I expect some spotfest flying and disregard for lasting bodily consequences.

Billy Gunn vs. Dylan Bostic: Bostic is a journeyman with some good experience, so he and Gunn should combine for a decent show with neither having to carry the other.

Big Cass vs. Thrillride: At least Enzo's not billed to be here.

Brian Pillman Jr. and Jerry Lawler (tag champs) vs. King Brian and Duke of Danger: I expect Lawler to do most of the crowd work while Pillman does most of the match work. We'll see how it goes.

Darby Allin (champ) vs. JT Dunn: A couple of interesting names here. Should be enjoyable for a main event.

I've got signature/photo op tickets for Mick Foley and Lawler, so those will be added to the collection. Looks to be fun, and we have ringside seats, so the kids are already anticipating having someone thrown at them.

@robowieland

Follow me on Twitter!
Validated User
Two things about the Big Cass match:

One, I'm surprised WWE let him keep the name after future endeavoring him. Or does he spell it with two zs and another s somewhere?

Two, that match seems like a good time for a piss break before the main events.

ViciousFish

Validated User
He’s Big Cazz XL.

Him coming out and talking about his depression and alcoholism and actually taking the blame for everything that happened at the end of his WWE tenure really boosted the guy up on my eyes. He took responsibility and is working hard to change. That’s more than a lot of people do. I went from giving zero fucks about the guy to hoping everything works out for him.

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
All the other media for him (including bookings for the same promotion) have him as "Big Cazz" or something. I think someone just forgot on this poster.

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My reaction to "innovative" spots is usually somewhere between "meh" and "that's dumb" (in my defense most of them are dumb) but I just watched a Von Erich block a fireball with a chair and WHY ARE YOU NOT ALL WATCHING MLW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Top Bottom