• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Discussion XI: Inevitable Overbooked Heel Turn

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Watching Takeover Toronto. Is it just me or was the Baszler/Yim fight really off at times? It felt like they were going really slow in spots that should have been high speed, and stuff like that...

Balac

Validated User
Goodness, yes, as anyone who read my previous post can see what I was fearing.
I did and you were hardly alone. In retrospect I should have had more faith, NJPW rarely lets me down but too many years of watching great characters / story lines crash and burn in other promotions makes it hard to just trust. Need to get past that, it's so much more fun to just enjoy the ride.

@robowieland

Follow me on Twitter!
Validated User
My wife will kill me for thinking this, but Bray needs more clowns. Someone needs to Let Him In. That was a big problem with The Wyatt Family. The cult never gained any traction and got bigger. WCW fucked up a lot of stuff but Raven’s Flock actually converted people. It made his followers breaking free a bigger deal.
The closest they got was Bryan and they (rightly) reversed course on it.

Who would you put in The Fiend's Creepy Clown Cult?

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I did and you were hardly alone. In retrospect I should have had more faith, NJPW rarely lets me down but too many years of watching great characters / story lines crash and burn in other promotions makes it hard to just trust. Need to get past that, it's so much more fun to just enjoy the ride.
Spoiler: Show
I'm ready for IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi! (as I've been finding Okada's latest run just very rote Okada )

Ace the hero

Waaaghboss in Training
Validated User
Watching Takeover Toronto. Is it just me or was the Baszler/Yim fight really off at times? It felt like they were going really slow in spots that should have been high speed, and stuff like that...
Yeah, I thought that the two didn't really click, especially after the excellent Shirai/LeRae. I do like Baszler in her heel role, but the title's been kept on her for too long, and her matches are becoming stale. NXT needs to shake up its women's division, because it really should be more exciting with the talent they have.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Yeah, I thought that the two didn't really click, especially after the excellent Shirai/LeRae. I do like Baszler in her heel role, but the title's been kept on her for too long, and her matches are becoming stale. NXT needs to shake up its women's division, because it really should be more exciting with the talent they have.
I do wonder who the next one to challenge Baszler is gonna be. This time she was at her weakest, without the backup, and still it wasn't enough. Who's there who's credible enough?

Godder

Remington Steele
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I do wonder who the next one to challenge Baszler is gonna be. This time she was at her weakest, without the backup, and still it wasn't enough. Who's there who's credible enough?
I'd give it to a returning Dakota Kai - make her the focus and have her go over a few of the top names on the way up to Shayna at the next Takeover.

Top Bottom