(Wrestlepack) Ongoing Discussion Thread X-8: Realest guys in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Not quite the title that we'd chosen, I don't think, but since the last thread ends with good news about Enzo not being crippled, I figure that a little hug to him via thread title's acceptable.

The last thread hit 5000 posts, so, time to ring the bell on that time-limit draw and restart the match!

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thread title APPROVED.

If/when we get to Thread 60, someone remind me to call it Broadway.

Yook

Validated User
Just want to say that I really appreciate having a nice place to talk about wrasslin' with cool people. Thanks, Wrestlepack!

And yeah, I also approve of the thread title. Here's to a speedy recovery for Enzo! *raises glass*

ViciousFish

Validated User
I was driving home from the Calgary Comic Expo yesterday so I missed the first showing. I flipped on the tv a few minutes late into the replay and the literal first thing I saw was Enzo getting hurt. God damn terrifying, especially when they go slow mo and you can see there's nothing going on behind his eyes after his head hit the mat.

Overall I thought it was a great show. Sami and KO were hot fire. KO continues to be the best heel in the business. Cesaro contiues battling for the title of P4P strongest guy in WWE. Ambrose and Jericho was disappointing but at least Ambrose got a clean win. Nattie and Charlotte was a really good match ruined by a rehashed, stupid finish. I am willing to change my mind on that though if they do some awesome stuff with Little Naitch. The McMahon stuff was brutal like it almost always is.

I thought the main event was really good. Roman and AJ have some pretty great chemistry. I don't think Roman should be in the position he's in, but it's not because he can't work. The problem is he can't overcome other people's limitations yet. Put him in with AJ or KO and you get a great match because Roman can do his part. He's not being carried. However, put him in with Rowan and you get shit because while Roman is pretty good, he doesn't have the skills to make Rowan look better than he is.

The match was an overbooked WCW/TNA level mess but it worked because it's not happening every show. The bump through the table leading to the count out was especially well done and looked brutal. Roman's bump over the barricade into the table looked pretty hard on the knees. Again, I don't think he should be in the position he's in but he's willing to kill himself because he's in that position. That has to be respected. I was 99% certain AJ wasn't winning the match but I 110% bought the false finish where Roman got his foot on the rope. Both guys (and the agent) really need to be commended.

One thing I noticed, besides part-timer Jericho, Miz and Nattie were the wrestlers on the card who had been on the main roster the longest. There was no Attitude Era or Ruthless Agression Era (remember that label?) guys on the card.

Andrew Sheeler

Crime Fighter
Validated User
[WrestlePack] Thread 8: Basically, watch NXT/Lucha Underground

New thread!

So, this new Authority angle should be interesting. It could be good, could be awful. At least it's a change of pace from the standard Trips/Steph run roughshod over the roster. Kind of interesting how they're using headlines proclaiming this to be a new era.

Andrew Sheeler

Crime Fighter
Validated User
Re: [WrestlePack] Thread 8: Basically, watch NXT/Lucha Underground

Oh, and to respond to The One Phil's question...
I'm honestly curious about this, and where that impression comes from.

I mean, looking at the list of guys who are currently out with injuries I don't think any of them happened in a match Ryback was involved in. I don't recall seeing him do anything in recent years and thinking that it looked particularly sloppy or stiff. He's a guy who has come on leaps and bounds since he made his debut in that character and I think its a shame he seems to be in a rut.

Does the 'prone to injuring others' thing come from Punk's stuff? If so its worth noting that the matches Punk was referring to happened in 2011 and 2012 and the Ryback of today is not the green rookie he was then. That's also if you take anything Punk says at face value which is always risky because he's a guy with a really obvious filter on his world view (that "best in the world" thing is not an act).
Yeah, pretty much it's CM Punk talking shit.

ViciousFish

Validated User
Enzo has been diagnosed with a Grade 3 concussion. I doubt he's going to be in the ring any time soon. I had a Grade 3 concussion back in 1999 and it took me about a year to fully recover. I had trouble concentrating for more than a couple minutes at a time for about 4 months and daily headaches for about a year. Even now, 17 years later I notice lingering side effects from it. Compared to before the concussion I have trouble reading and my attention span isn't near the same. I had had 2 concussions before that one. I don't know how many Enzo has had, but this may be career ending which would be tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom