• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Wrestlepack] Recommend me great matches!

Phil Said

Validated User
RVD Vs. John Cena at WWE One Night Stand 2006. Cena defend the WWE title in front of an ECW crowd who are incredibly hostile. The match is pretty good apart from the cheap ending but the emotion is what makes it great.
Very much seconded. Also, the slightly daft ending was ECW as fuck.

There was a sign in the crowd that said “If Cena Wins, We Riot”. Ive seen similar signs before and since with a different name on them. This is pretty much the only time I believed it was true.

Last edited:

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
All those stories about how good Flair and Steamboat were? They're all true.
(snip)
Finally got the time to watch this one. A classic match without a doubt. They took their time, paced the match fantastically, Flair played the perfect heel while Steamboat did a great job at swaying the crowd, and both showed competence and athleticism. The only quibble I have is that I enjoy big slams a bit too much for my own good, and this match had few of those, but well, I can't complain overall.

GestaltBennie

Cycle Fish Messenger Boy
Validated User
If you're looking for a great Cena match, there's his match against Punk at Money in the Bank 2011 in Chicago. And his match with Styles earlier this year was damn good.

Also, the eternal face Sami Zayn (reality, I deny thee!) against Nakamura in NXT is one heckuva match.

Phil Said

Validated User
If you're looking for a great Cena match, there's his match against Punk at Money in the Bank 2011 in Chicago. And his match with Styles earlier this year was damn good.
Cena and Styles have great chemistry, built on being two guys who can throw together a main event thriller in their sleep and with competing but compatible skill sets. Pretty much all their matches have been great.

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
Oh, here is another tag team match well worth your time. The Steiner Brothers versus the Hart Brothers. At a house show in my state, on a very random VHS. Not a PPV. Not even a Garden card. Just two of the best tag teams in the world for thirty minutes, hurt only slightly by the ending.
Baby, you know what I like :D . Big, big fan of the Harts, and these two are two great tag-teams. The ending was kind of amusing, and given how good the rest of the match is, well... I'm not complaining either. Props to Scott Steiner for one impressive, brutal looking (and unexpected!) vertical suplex turned into a piledriver. Also, Owen Hart, which is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time always makes me give the match extra points just by being there :p

Sark

Validated User
And going back a bit further, there's the Cena/Umaga Last Man Standing from the Royal Rumble. For two guys who both supposedly had to be carried it's a hell of a match.

edit: This is from far later in the run than I'm up to, but Smoky Mountain Wrestling's Superbowl of Wrestling has a tremendous main event (no link because youtube is fighting with me right now). Shawn Michaels vs Buddy Landell for the WWF Intercontinental Title. The rest of the card is good, especially the tag co-main between the Heavenly Bodies and Smothers/DWB (and a historical interest match - it features a singles bout between Undertaker and Glenn 'Unabomb' Jacobs) but the main event is where its at.

Last edited:

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
a few stiff ones:

[video=youtube;4oBK4-nUEtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oBK4-nUEtA[/video]

[video=youtube;6AsjhRd9JHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsjhRd9JHU[/video]

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
[video=youtube;6AsjhRd9JHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsjhRd9JHU[/video]
I'll flood this thread with specifics later, but if you want athletic matches full of big throws, 90s All Japan is for you.

Top Bottom