• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WrestlePack] The Youtube Thread III - WHATAMANEUVER!

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's a reason Carpentier was one of wrestling's biggest stars. Here's what he looked like in his prime -

(His opponent here is pretty good, too.)

Balac

Validated User

So let me tell you about Sareee. The young (23) ace of a small joshi wrestling promotion, Diana, Sareee is considered the rising star of joshi wrestling. Watch this and you'll understand why, plus it's also a great Meiko Satomura match.

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User
How far we've come, when someone active in joshi puroresu can be 23 and a "young ace". So easy to forget that in the 1980s if you weren't over by the time you were 20 they moved on. Hell, Meiko's push to ace status began when she was 17.

General Disregard For Safety Tax

Balac

Validated User
How far we've come, when someone active in joshi puroresu can be 23 and a "young ace". So easy to forget that in the 1980s if you weren't over by the time you were 20 they moved on. Hell, Meiko's push to ace status began when she was 17.
Different times. Women starting their wrestling careers in their 20's or 30's is pretty normal these days. Sareee isn't that much younger than the top woman of some other promotions but her age certainly stands out with how good she is. Her series / feud with Aja Kong were the most brutal matches seen in joshi for a least a decade. Their match in February had Aja going full Monster and ended with Sareee covered in blood, hell of a match but hard to watch. For anyone who thinks modern joshi is too idol-ish you should really check out her work.

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In celebration of the birth of our good Dawgstar Dawgstar , I ask that you fill this thread with your preferred JYD or joshi matches. I'll start -

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Have some Harley Race:

Race, Bockwinkel vs Brody and Hansen

May I say, that's a lot of hoss in one ring, even for Japan.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Harley Race:

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User

This is the essence of the NWA main event style back in the 1970s. This sort of match would inform everything Ric Flair was doing in the 1980s.

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User

This is the first time I've ever seen Dory Sr in action, in his prime. He looks a lot like Dory Jr, but you can definitely see where Terry got a lot of his stuff from as well.

Top Bottom