• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

X-Wing Miniatures.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ooh! Happy me!

I'm surprised and delighted the C-ROC is in the first wave. I never got one the first time around and these days I'm mostly playing Scum so I'll be getting that one for sure. The other epic ships I already have one of each, though maybe I'll pick up another Transport when they show up...

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This part makes me particularly happy:
Now, the CR90 corvette can be flown by the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Republic; the GR-75 medium transport can be used by the Rebel Alliance or the Resistance; the Raider-class corvette and the Gozanti-class cruiser can fight for the Galactic Empire or the First Order; and the C-ROC cruiser can fly for the Separatist Alliance or Scum and Villainy.

Rocket Propelled Grenade

Freelance Merc For Hire
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That information on fighter wings seems quite interesting. I haven't actually gotten around to playing since second edition came out, between real life commitments and other games, but I'm really wishing I had so I could understand the implications more.

Andy-C

Setec Astronomer
Validated User
Ooh! Happy me!

I'm surprised and delighted the C-ROC is in the first wave. I never got one the first time around and these days I'm mostly playing Scum so I'll be getting that one for sure. The other epic ships I already have one of each, though maybe I'll pick up another Transport when they show up...
If you can, try to pick up a first edition C-ROC. The new one is going to run around $100, and I'm seeing the first edition pack going for about half that.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I haven't seen one in any of the stores I visit regularly in a long time. I'll have a look around at the online places.

I did buy some new stuff today, including the plastic movement templates and range ruler. The former seem useful enough, though I think you'd have to paint them to make the numbers stand out enough to be able to identify them from across the table, but the range ruler is not so great. The fit is extremely tight and the plastic is a bit brittle so I managed to break off part of one of the segments when trying to put it together. I had thought part of the reason for making it in several pieces would be to make it easy to take it apart and put it together to make range measurements in tight spots, but that's apparently not the idea.

Andy-C

Setec Astronomer
Validated User
I'm picking up a Resistance Transport tonight, probably. My only purchase from Waves 3-5.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I got a Transport and a Naboo Starfighter. They both seem pretty cool.

I had a look for old C-ROC Cruisers, and the ones I could find weren't that much cheaper than the new one at the same places, so I won't bother to get one unless I stumble over it. The local X-Wing club (more like FFG Star Wars game club these days) has a discount at one of the local stores and that combined with having to pay for postage means the difference will be even smaller.

Top Bottom