• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Young Justice Outsiders

jimthegray

Validated User
Probably. But it's probably the only decision a team leader mentored by Batman and Nightwing is going to make. Operational security trumps honesty.
Sure but that she made the suggestion to withhold info is going to piss Garth off lot more then if batman had

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Sure but that she made the suggestion to withhold info is going to piss Garth off lot more then if batman had
its a damned if you do damned if you don't. Gar'd never be on board with the plan in the first place, and the fallout would probably be only slightly less messy than what's now coming

Ryom

Validated User
I'm really starting to miss the smaller scope of seasons 1 and 2, the focus is getting spread pretty wide at the moment. I'm hoping that the overall series plot starts gaining some more momentum in the next episode.

Dantay

Knight of Dantay
Validated User
I'm really starting to miss the smaller scope of seasons 1 and 2, the focus is getting spread pretty wide at the moment. I'm hoping that the overall series plot starts gaining some more momentum in the next episode.
The series has lost a lot of focus. Too many teams, too many characters, too many juggled subplots. It's having the poor side effect too of having a world in which ordinary people don't seem to factor in at all, except as nameless, faceless individuals to save or prominent scientists that figure into hero backstories.

Mr. Kent

The Oh Em Gee
Validated User
I didn't think about this as an issue until 3x18.
Spoiler: Show
RIP Joan Garrick, offscreen

It really is all superheroes, they don't seem to know any civilians.

rickjthree

Social Justice Sidekick
Validated User
The series has lost a lot of focus. Too many teams, too many characters, too many juggled subplots. It's having the poor side effect too of having a world in which ordinary people don't seem to factor in at all, except as nameless, faceless individuals to save or prominent scientists that figure into hero backstories.
I'd say that Home Fires showed how important the "normal" people are to the League. And yeah, there are a lot of scientists in the supporting cast (Ed Dorado sr, Silas Stone, Helga Jace) but there are also a lot of reporters (Lois Lane, Iris West, Courtney Whitmore) and, oddly, queens (Mera and Perdita).

Ryom

Validated User
Spoiler: Show
I'm kinda wondering what happened to the idea that "chaos cannot be contained" per Dr. Fate (re: being trapped in Fate's castle). The Witch Boy felt a little jobbed this episode, barely a speed-bump to the Outsiders when he should have been a League level threat, even with Zatanna present. The Team had to pull out Dr. Fate or multiple leaguers almost every time they encountered him.

Additionally, I'm wondering if they are testing the water to create a spin-off Teen Titans-esque show with the current focus. The Outsiders are pretty much Teen Titans in all but name.

Top Bottom