• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Your favourite rules lite RPG?

JoystickJunkies

Validated User
Okay folks we all love those rules-lite RPG's but which ones do you think have the legs to keep on going and the substance to be more than just a one-shot game?

Authors feel free to post your systems (I'm looking for submissions that have at least had a pdf release). Just post the game if not the rules system it uses.

I know there's loads but here's a few to get us going....

PDQ (Zorceror of Zo)
Vs Monsters
FATE (Spirit of The Century)
FUDGE

...?

Arnino Storm

Banned
Unknown Armies, hands down. The system is most probably the simplest of all I tried (which doesn't say much, but hey...) and the game is so shock-full of gooditude you can play for years and years and still not have done everything with it.

Piestrio

*May Contain Multitudes*
Validated User
I don't really do rules-lite, but I'll try...

D6 or C&C

Are those "lite"?

Piestrio

The Grey Elf

is the Master!
Validated User
Of currently in-print games...Castles and Crusades. Finally, a fantasy game I can run without having to look up feats, special abilities, and situational rules every five minutes.

Of games recently out of print...Angel. Not much I can't do with that.

cjh

Solar Flare Blind
Still on a big PDQ kick here.
So am I. I'm running a playtest of an upcoming version of the Legends Walk game for T&J. It's really a lot of fun for all of us at the table. It's been interesting enough to make me want to write something for the system for publication.

JoystickJunkies

Validated User
anyone every play the Dragonlance Saga system or it's sister the Marvel SUperheroes saga game?

someone mentioned Savage Worlds too..?

Top Bottom