• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Your last game played, part 2

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh I'm very much interested in Wingspan, but I'll have to wait. Shouldnt complain, normally it took years for stuff to come out in Spanish, now they have announced it in March. And is not that I want it in Spanish, but that Stonemaier is asking for like 25-30 € to get it here so no, thanks, I'll wait for the local source...

rolanddarktower08

Validated User
Several games of Cthulhu Wars at a local game day, with several new players. It is always neat to see a new player's reaction when they pull off one of the GOOs special abilities.

"Yes, as a matter of fact Hastur did just land beside your cultist; he botched the summoning and named Hastur instead of Cthulhu. Now for my next immediate action Hastur captures your cultist."

Good times.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Went to our every other month game day where I usually get in five to six gameplays. Except this time, it was my best friend's birthday, which means that I played one round of Eldritch Horror (we won), with enough time for a game of Downforce and Red Dragon Inn. Honestly, I liked the other two games more than Eldritch, which just takes too long to play.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh I'm very much interested in Wingspan, but I'll have to wait. Shouldnt complain, normally it took years for stuff to come out in Spanish, now they have announced it in March. And is not that I want it in Spanish, but that Stonemaier is asking for like 25-30 € to get it here so no, thanks, I'll wait for the local source...
Apparently their upcoming expansions will cover birds from different areas, as the currently assortment is weighted pretty heavily towards species from the USA and Canada.

Last edited:

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
We played Brass Birmingham for the first time tonight. I'm not sure which I like more, but both versions of Brass are very fun.

Then we played a 3 player game of Gizmos. I like it, but the chaining is too complicated for one of my players, and the other just doesn't like it nearly as much as Wingspan.

RadioKen

well versed in chalupa law
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Played a five-handed game of Euphoria last Friday night. Almost won except for one bad decision near the end, because I overlooked a move that would simultaneously place a star on the board and finish the Wastelander track to bestar two recruits. Finished with two stars unplaced, in a tie for second that broke the other player's way.

Mr_Flibble

Professional Amateur
Validated User
We played a 4-player game of City of Gears
We didn't grasp all the possible strategies right away as nobody had played it before, but we ended with a better idea of how to play the game next time.
Pretty fun game of resource management.

We ended the evening with two games of Guillotine, which I won due to getting some good action cards.

back_flip

I played Munchkin with my friends. That was a very, very long game for 10 players! We spend almost 4 hours for that (usually we spend 1-2 hours).

HyperBear

Formerly 'agoodall'
Validated User
On the weekend my wife Alana and I played a game of Megaland and two games of Seikatsu. Megaland was okay. It's a bit overproduced for what is essentially a filler game. It's also a poster child for "tacked on theme". I think it would play better with more than two players, though. By contrast, we really enjoyed Seikatsu. It's a simple abstract game (about planting gardens, which oddly enough is less tacked on than Megaland's video game theme) with surprising depth. It plays much more quickly, too. A couple of weeks ago we played Patchwork, and while I want to try it again, it didn't exactly knock our socks off.

Victim

Validated User
Played some Sentinels of the Multiverse, taking the heroes from our new Vengeance set against Voss. Naturalist can eat 3 health guys automatically. Voss has a lot of 3 health guys, and his most annoying feature is DR. So a pretty favorable seeming matchup. Also, the Mobile Defense Platform nullified most of Voss's Forced Deployments - normally a potential game changer.

Top Bottom