Your last game played, part 2

Victim

Validated User
Last games nigh we played Clank for the first time - heaps of fun, and a good beer and pretzels game.

Then we played Scythe again. Same person won again, by an increasingly large margin. Have to say, for a game that sells itself with pictures of mechs it doesn't have a lot of mech action in it. I'm not finding it very appealing TBH.
Doesn't the mech art in Scythe juxtapose them with more traditional rural farming scenes?

adamsmith

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Doesn't the mech art in Scythe juxtapose them with more traditional rural farming scenes?
Oh yes, that's absolutely right, and the art and production on Scythe are stunning too. Something about it isn't clicking for me though, and I play lots of other eurogames without bouncing off them. Most of the games our group plays I can't predict who will win - but Scythe has always been won by the same person (!) which doesn't drag me back to it.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Most of the games our group plays I can't predict who will win - but Scythe has always been won by the same person (!) which doesn't drag me back to it.
Yeah, I have to admit, this is one game that a single person in our group tends to win almost every time. In my most recent game I didn't think I'd won, but I thought I was close. I did take 2nd, but I was 11 points behind.

ETA: Last night I got a chance to play Treasure Island and Arboretum for the first time. Teaching Arboretum's scoring was a huge pain. Two of the four players didn't really understand the scoring until AFTER we scored at the end of the game. In the end all of them were fun though. We then played Quest for El Dorado. This is my second play of that and we have to get that to the table more often.

Last edited:

Mr_Flibble

Professional Amateur
Validated User
Tuesday we got in a game of Tiny Epic Zombies with 3 players (3 versus A.I.)
On the very last turn before the Zombies would overrun the mall we managed to complete the last of the 3 objectives (Create a weapons cash, Repair the helicopter, find the exit) and escaped, one player using the police car and the other using a skateboard to reach the designated exit.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
We played two additional games of Scythe: The Rise of Fenris. It's still fun, and the scenario variability is interesting, but the same person continues winning each scenario, and two of the players continue to lag far behind. One game surprisingly finished in under an hour, which is REALLY fast for Scythe.

agoodall

Designated Import
Validated User
Also, I prefer games which are available without installation.
Welcome, new member!

This forum is Other Games Open, where we discuss board games, card games, miniatures games, and the like. Computer and console games are discussed in Video Games Open.

Have you played any tabletop games recently? What kind of games do you like?

rolanddarktower08

Validated User
Few games of Command and Colors Ancients, mainly notable for 3 leader kills in 2 games, unfortunately all against me. /: oh well, was fun and I even won one.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Over the week I've played 3x games of Gloomhaven. I've retired my crew of Angry Face + Brute + Saw and brought in a crew of Tinkerer + Two Minis + Lightning Bolt.

Friday our group played Dinosaur Island with the Totally Liquid expansion. The module we used from the expansion was the aquatic Dinos and I don't think they're very well balanced. We also played Arboretum again. My loss was even worse than the last game, but I continue to be fascinated by the gameplay.

Top Bottom