• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Your last game played, part 2

RadioKen

well versed in chalupa law
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Finally got to Tiny Town with other players--a table of three. Thought I was doing well until my bid to construct my monument fell through in a cascade of infelicitous picks from the other players. Followed up with a three-handed game of San Juan where (despite pretty steady construction) I still ended up third.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
4 more scenarios of Gloomhaven.

Friday night we played Everdell and Le Havre. Le Havre is an old favorite of mine that I don't get to play nearly enough because I only like playing it with 2 or 3 players, and finding 2 other people who like to play medium/heavy euros is not always easy.

Everdell was a first for us. It uses some interesting mechanics, but I think maybe the game isn't fully baked. The early part of the game had nothing but critter cards and the end of the game had nothing but construction cards, whereas it seems like you want a steady supply of both. I wonder if maybe 2 draw decks may have been a better idea, or some other way to get rid of cards that are visible. All in all a fun game, but I'm not rushing out to get a copy for myself.

adamsmith

RPGnet Member
Validated User
My group played BSG for the first time.
It was a bit chaotic as we learned the rules, and we had a very unfortunate Crisis deck draw in turn one (which we didn't know was so bad until later) where we had a second base star appear.

Good fun, though, with our Cylon being revealed about mid-point and the fleet running out of fuel just prior to a jump that would have put us one jump away from survival. It really captured the flavour of the series well with the rolling crisis and the constant threat looming over us.

darnest

PureImaginationNoLimits..
Validated User
I played Iron Kingdoms using my Conflict RPG system. Players are on a Journey with 4 places of interest. They are in southern cygnar and south of a city. Late at night they see a small mushroom cloud with a steampunk spider in the cloud (ala Devil Face at the Twin Towers). They goto investigate, I tell them 3 times the Main bad (Mortenbra) has left the city. They still stay and fight a bunch of mooks, 2 WarCasters and Tricked out Nightmare Hell Jack. Next session they find out sometimes the heros have to move to the bigger threats. Stop for every cut and the world dies

Still the System played great and the players had lots of fun.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Four more sessions of Gloomhaven. I'm now finished with all the mini-campaigns.

Tonight we played 2x games of TMNT: Shadows of the Past, which was just as fun as it's always been. Our group has agreed to play through all the scenarios as part of our ongoing Legacy/Campaign group.

We also played Welcome To... again, a game which is always fun.

rolanddarktower08

Validated User
Another game of Talon-homebrew scenario. Talon fleet dropped in at the same time as Terran fleet with the goal of destroying a nearby Terran star-base. Talon drop was random and they came in a long distance away facing away. Terran fleet had time to get in position around the star-base, helpful because the star-base is armed to the freaking teeth. Unfortunately my opponent, canny soul that he is, would not come close enough to the star-base for me to really utilize the firepower. This coupled with a significant part of my fleet being fighter units (no shields, easily destroyed) that were destroyed relatively easily, eventually led to the Terrans losing most of their ships but not destroying the star-base before we stopped.

Breogan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Our Detective campaing is on hiatus for who knows how long, given that one of our investigators was going for a few days to Jordania and ended up falling some 3 meters down a and getting a fracture on her spine. She seems to be as ok as can be expected or at least she was joking about who it was the bad guys trying to stop the investigation, but who knows when she is back given she cant move or sit (by doctors orders, I mean)...

Imperial Assault continues, now with our first defeat, because god damnit, that mission was a setup, no way we can cover all that terrain in the time given. Specially when the interaction test are random and the guy with the worst tech skill gets the tech one :/

Gave Time of Crisis a spin and found it very interesting and fun, which is weirdly the second time a GMT game wins me over - they normally look as fun and easy as eating gravel as breakfast cereal, but apart from some confusions about who control Militias, I found this one both not a pain to learn and very fun, with the eyes always moving from getting points (or not losing it) in the borders, vs doing a coup in Rome, vs maybe going Pretender.

Also played a game of Trikerion that I found nice, interesting, thematic, but maybe a bit too much overengineered? Dunno, I feel like there is a lean mean game under it that is a bit hampered by too many systems and stuff. Still, fun game even if I managed to be the worst magician of the bunch... but the richer one so I guess The Mechaniker decided that being a sellout actually pays? :p

adamsmith

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Trikerion is on my shelf but not yet been broken out. How does it play? Is it very complicated?

Top Bottom