• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

You've only got 10 D&D Books

badmudderfugger

The Drunk Knight Returns
Howdy all.
Going off a thread I read on the GURPS boards, I'm wondering what D&D books you'd keep if you could only keep 10 (not including the base three: PH, DMG, MM).

I don't run a lot of D&D lately, but it's one of the few games that has titloads of books out for it.

My choices (in no particular order):
1) Unearthed Arcana
2) Psionic Handbook
3) Eberron Campaign Setting
4) Sharn: City of Towers
5) Complete Warrior
6) Complete Divine
7) Comlete Arcane
8) Savage Species
9) Book of Vile Darkness
10) Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting

That way I'd have two distinct campaign settings to run, all the cool feats I want from the 3 Complete Books, the Evil stuff from Book of Vile I love, the revised Psionics rules I love and the cool extras from UA.

What 10 books would you pick?

Bullbar

Damn fine coffee!
Validated User
In no particular order:

Unearthed Arcana
Expanded Psionics
Book of Vile Darkness
Eberron Campaign Setting
Races of Destiny
Complete Warrior
Libris Mortis
Dragonlance Campaign Setting
Complete Divine
Complete Adventurer

Coriander

Banned
badmudderfugger said:
Buddy, can you save the veiled d20 bashing for one of the thousand other threads that feature it. I'm looking for genuine answers here.
Well, this isn't a genuine answer either, but I think it might be worth pointing out that 'only 10 books' can seem like quite an ironic phrase.

Ben Rogers

Banned
badmudderfugger said:
Buddy, can you save the veiled d20 bashing for one of the thousand other threads that feature it. I'm looking for genuine answers here.
It really wasn't bashing. It was the sudden realization that the only thing I have D20 is D20 Modern and that it might behoove me to acquire the base three books from a basic "research" perspective, alone.

Apologies if you pereceived it as "bashing".

badmudderfugger

The Drunk Knight Returns
The real question becomes, are we talking WoTC D&D books, d20 books or anything with an OGL label on it?
I'd say any d20/OGL stuff for use with D&D (that would exclude things like Bab 5, Conan, Jeremiah, Ancients, etc...)

Well, this isn't a genuine answer either, but I think it might be worth pointing out that 'only 10 books' can seem like quite an ironic phrase.
If you're familiar with d20/D&D you'll know that only 10 books isn't odd, given the amount of material out for it. Yes it may be for other games, but that's why the thread says only 10 D&D books. Yeesh.

UglyJimStudly

Unforgiven
Validated User
badmudderfugger said:
Howdy all.
Going off a thread I read on the GURPS boards, I'm wondering what D&D books you'd keep if you could only keep 10 (not including the base three: PH, DMG, MM).
Not including the core books? Hmm, lemme see... Arcana Unearthed, maybe the Complete Book of Eldritch Might, and... well, that's about it. I've currently got more than that, but those are the only ones I use regularly.

badmudderfugger

The Drunk Knight Returns
Apologies if you pereceived it as "bashing".
No worries Ben, I apologize. My response was pretty quick. It just seems that every thread I read on RPG.net that deals with D&D/d20 seems to require me to scroll through tons of off-topic posts (like I'm doing now.....DAMN my hypocritic nature). :D

Top Bottom