• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[Zelda: Breath of the Wild]Oh my gosh you guys! This is such an amazing game!

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you do it right, you can position yourself so a guardian will shoot another enemy. It's pretty fun when it works. Mostly I just get hit and rag-dolled though, then it goes to heck. One time, I deflected a guardian beam and killed a chuchu.

Knaight

Validated User
There's a handful of enemies I'll pull that trick on. Generally I want them to be significantly larger than I am, which usually means the really big bokokoblins (or whatever they're called). Sadly I haven't found a chance to use this against a Hinnox or Talos.

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
If you do it right, you can position yourself so a guardian will shoot another enemy. It's pretty fun when it works. Mostly I just get hit and rag-dolled though, then it goes to heck. One time, I deflected a guardian beam and killed a chuchu.
Oh yeah! I didn’t kill that Hinox, mind. I’m just kinda sad enemies won’t agro each other.

TemerousNox

Validated User
Anyone got any clever out of the box suggestions for the Blue Flame shrine? I'm hung up on the bit where you have to light torches on two moving platforms before they get hit by the water, and I've hit the wall on my ability to do it the "intended" way.

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Anyone got any clever out of the box suggestions for the Blue Flame shrine? I'm hung up on the bit where you have to light torches on two moving platforms before they get hit by the water, and I've hit the wall on my ability to do it the "intended" way.
I think I know the area you're talking about. What is "the intended way," and what are you having trouble with? Is it just aiming or dexterity issues, or something else? I think here having the right type of bow helps.

(There's also a moving platform that's metal that you have to move yourself with Magnesis. That one has a similar solution.)

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think here having the right type of bow helps.
Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with that exact point until I switched to a faster bow with a longer range.

(I was pleasantly surprised to discover that, when I re-entered the shrine weeks later, every single torch I had already lit was still activated, and I could take a fast shortcut to the point I had stalled.)

TemerousNox

Validated User
What is "the intended way," and what are you having trouble with? Is it just aiming or dexterity issues, or something else?
I assume the intended way is to wait until the platforms line up and hit them with a single arrow. But I can never figure out where the line up/where to aim, and of course, if you wait too long with the arrow lit from the blue flame, it will extinguish itself. So I think it's aiming/dexterity/timing issues, which is frustrating, because I know how to do the shrine, but I can't actually make this one bit work.

I switched to a faster bow with a longer range.
Which bow did you end up using? I think I was using the Phrenic Bow, because it seemed to fire a little "straighter" which I assume is a side effect of it's range?

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Which bow did you end up using? I think I was using the Phrenic Bow, because it seemed to fire a little "straighter" which I assume is a side effect of it's range?
I believe it was the Great Eagle Bow (from the Bird Great Beast questline). Also, I took aim from the torch on the left, waiting for the two platforms to line up. Somehow, after failing dozens of time on my first visit to the shrine, I got it on my first try.

(un)reason

Making the Legend
Validated User
Stasis is your friend. Freezing one of them will give you the precious seconds you need to light them both before the first one gets put out again.

Top Bottom